What did you order !!!!

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Re: What did you order !!!!

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:15 am

I am definitely getting all the pieces that compose the large curved walls and advanced builder sets (whether it be from the named sets or from the content of other sets). The option to make rooms of unusual shape and/or fit a 1" grid are very compelling to me. I have not finalized my selections yet, but the content of those sets are on my must have list. The lever room has many of those pieces... decisions... decisions...

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:33 am

I'm getting multiples (12 LCW, 2 ADB) of both...so yeah.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:45 am

I totally agree.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:58 am

panzerfaust101 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:36 am
Hey guys - this was my first time with dwarven forge though ive coveted it for years.

I guess im a mid range backer - I love dungeon crawls and I want enough to make a basic dungeon.

I purchased

zaltars gameroom
arcane alcoves
deadly corners
remasterd classic dungon core set x 2
passagway walls
passageway inetsections
ledges
cages
dias platforms

hopefully this will give me enough variety.. though im still thinking about adding large curved walls and im still trying to figure out if the advanced dungeon builder is a worthwhile add on... any thoughts on these 2 additional purchases?
I would say no to Advanced Builder and YES to large curved walls. :)

panzerfaust101
Kobold
Kobold

Post by panzerfaust101 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:36 am

Hey guys - this was my first time with dwarven forge though ive coveted it for years.

I guess im a mid range backer - I love dungeon crawls and I want enough to make a basic dungeon.

I purchased

zaltars gameroom
arcane alcoves
deadly corners
remasterd classic dungon core set x 2
passagway walls
passageway inetsections
ledges
cages
dias platforms

hopefully this will give me enough variety.. though im still thinking about adding large curved walls and im still trying to figure out if the advanced dungeon builder is a worthwhile add on... any thoughts on these 2 additional purchases?

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Swiftbrook wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm
Well, I'm the other end of the spectrum from what has been posted. Tiny Budget Backer!

I already own two sets of KS1 and the stretch goals which I picked up on Ebay for a reasonable cost. I've added to that a few pounds of KS1 stretch goal pieces that I cherry picked at the Dwarven Forge GenCon booth (stairs, 1x1 risers, columns). Now that was a good deal!

So on a small scale, I have the basics covered. To this I'm going to add:

Build Your Own Dungeon ($10)
Arcane Alcove ($56)
The Fanatic's Trove ($99)
Double Doors ($14)
Cages ($15)

I may add Curved Daises (even on my budget this isn't adding a lot for some useful pieces)
I have thought about adding Doors but I only really need the Dungeon Trapdoor Floor and Reinforced Lattice Trapdoor and I really can't justify the cost.

So my total is $194 and for me that's $44 over my budget. Like I said, I'm a Tiny Budget Backer.
Hey, it takes all kinds AND you will still a good amount of awesome 3d terrain to wow your players with! 8-)

Swiftbrook
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Swiftbrook » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Well, I'm the other end of the spectrum from what has been posted. Tiny Budget Backer!

I already own two sets of KS1 and the stretch goals which I picked up on Ebay for a reasonable cost. I've added to that a few pounds of KS1 stretch goal pieces that I cherry picked at the Dwarven Forge GenCon booth (stairs, 1x1 risers, columns). Now that was a good deal!

So on a small scale, I have the basics covered. To this I'm going to add:

All Unpainted, No Magnets edited
Build Your Own Dungeon ($10)
Arcane Alcove ($56)
The Fanatic's Trove ($99)
Double Doors ($14)
Cages ($15)

I may add Curved Daises (even on my budget this isn't adding a lot for some useful pieces)
I have thought about adding Doors but I only really need the Dungeon Trapdoor Floor and Reinforced Lattice Trapdoor and I really can't justify the cost.

So my total is $194 and for me that's $44 over my budget. Like I said, I'm a Tiny Budget Backer.
Last edited by Swiftbrook on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Here's what I'd like to pledge for, still figuring out if I want to spend this much or if I need to cut further!!!

pledge.png
pledge.png (232.7 KiB) Viewed 419 times

I had to pass on the Doomroller, but hoping I can buy or trade for one later on.

This pledge would get me the following:
  • Good mix of vaulted, marble, and jade without going too heavy on any of them
  • Significant amount of elevation pieces (yes!)
  • Simplified Shrine of Sysuul to save a few $$$
  • Burrows as a whole new adventure environment
  • Good mix of traps and dungeon accessories
  • Cool stuff like gorgon, golems, and portals
  • New doors!
  • Magnetic trays and elevation boxes (experimental, but want to see how they work)
If money was no object, I'd go after all the fun "chase" accessories (raven, doomroller, puzzle pillar, etc.), get more levers (gah!), get all the "normal" accessories (e.g. couldn't find a reasonable way to get the small treasure and had to pass), snag all the minis, and get a few more jade and lighted pieces. Oh...and more corner secret doors! :D

The cost of the above pledge is within reach of the DoD, but has a much higher "per piece" cost. It has several hundred fewer "basic" pieces (e.g. 30 vs 91 vaulted walls, 29 vs 118 dungeon floors, etc.), which I think, in part, justifies the higher per piece cost. There's also the increased SKU complexity for DF to handle in fulfilling this order compared to a DoD.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:53 pm

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:17 am
I will sell the Khri colony I do not like at all
I figured with your intricate set ups you would enjoy a new way to transition from the surface world to deep under ground and a new environment to game in. Guess I was wrong.

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:17 am

Main pledge :
1 X Dungeon of Doom (includes Encounter Areas 1-15) - Expertly Hand Painted ($4493)

Encounter Areas and Add-ons :
1 X Classic Dungeon LED Walls - Expertly Hand Painted ($47)
1 X Classic Dungeon Magnetic Walls - Expertly Hand Painted ($50)
2 X Classic Dungeon Remastered Core Set - Expertly Hand Painted ($234)
1 X Doors - Expertly Hand Painted ($84)
1 X Double Doors - Expertly Hand Painted ($33)
1 X Fanatic's Trove - Expertly Hand Painted ($186)
1 X Elevation Block - Expertly Hand Painted ($92)
1 X Passages - Hallways - Expertly Hand Painted ($65)
1 X Passages - Intersections - Expertly Hand Painted ($83)
1 X Passages - Walls - Expertly Hand Painted ($110)
1 X Antechamber - Jade Limited Edition - Expertly Hand Painted ($125)

All with magnets.
I will sell the Khri colony I do not like at all and certainly all classic dungeon resin sets I won't use longer.
It will refund me a big part of this investissement (the price of a car !!).