Passage restock?

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney.
Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria.
You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 5 Discussion Forums.
biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Passage restock?

Post by biowizard » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:30 pm

I haven't logged in the forum for a while. Nevertheless, I would like an official answer about the restocking of KS2 passage pieces moving forward. Having this info would help me greatly in choosing what I want for KS5's pledge manager.

Thanks

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Riley wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 pm
My alternate thought is just to use floor tiles without walls for passages.
I think lots of people do this, especially when they need 5' wide (1 square) passages. Not having those walls allows free movement of minis despite any projections of body parts or equipment.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:36 am

Riley wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 pm
My current thought is to take a knife to the strange angled edges to flatten them off, and use those with the new passage pieces.

Interesting... I'll have to ruminate on that idea.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 pm

My current thought is to take a knife to the strange angled edges to flatten them off, and use those with the new passage pieces.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:00 pm

jchunick wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:31 pm
Yeah, I'm now thinking that it might be worth getting rid of to someone who would use them... they were a... solution at the time - the only available solution, but not the best one, and there are definitely fit issues.
I am reserving judgement on whether the new *walls with tabs* solution is going to be better than what we have now. Also, a hearty +1 for Biowizard's suggestion for two new pieces to help with our hallway woes.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Yeah, I'm now thinking that it might be worth getting rid of to someone who would use them... they were a... solution at the time - the only available solution, but not the best one, and there are definitely fit issues.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:55 pm

If anyone is interested, I have beveled passage pieces (all types) I've never used, and would be happy to part with.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:35 am

What I would be SUPER psyched about would be the commitment to restock the regular 2" long passage AND create two new pieces we've also been asking for years!

Full-tiled floor
Full-tiled corner

If we have those, no need to re-issue KS2 passage corner ant T-section.

Furthermore, it would fix the slight issue that KS2 passage pieces were having issues at assembly with their odd angled corners.

It also means that the windmill design partly wins.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:57 pm

biowizard wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 pm
KS2 - style Dungeon Game Tiles passage piece are currently out of stock.
KS5 offers a passage add-on that could be used to recreate the same setups but with more pieces.
Will the old KS2 passage pieces be restocked or moving forward KS5-style is the only way to go?
I'm asking because I want to determine how much KS5 passage add-ons I should buy.
Thanks!
I don't know, but something tells me that some of these will be phased out, as the new Passage tiles allow for more flexibility, easier storage, and (possibly) lower cost (?). So, buy as many as you can! (As if I need to actually tell somebody that.)

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:00 pm

I'm thinking of buying some passage sets from the web store, and the beveled edge passage pieces seem to cry out for corners and Ts with matching beveled edges.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch