Pre-Sale, PLEEEEEEEASE!

mcmonte
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Pre-Sale, PLEEEEEEEASE!

Post by mcmonte » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:26 pm

As a Dungeon of Doom backer, a pre-sale is the perfect time to add more terrain tiles, magnets, and gaskets and spread out the expense. I'd like to have 16 terrain tiles to fill my whole 4x4 game mat, but that's lower on the priority list right now than expanding my dungeon.

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Post by Gargs454 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:35 pm

I would be 90% likely to add more during a pre-sale. I understand DF not wanting to commit to a presale while the KS is still going on. Lets face it, pushing the KS numbers higher is better for everyone as it adds more SGs and gives DF more certainty. That said, I do have a limited budget and can only commit so much at one time. Right now I'm at about $400 but could likely add another $100 -- $200 during a presale. I only say 90% likelihood that I would add to my purchase during a presale because you never know what surprises might come up. If I need to repair a car for instance, there goes the presale. :P That said, I'd like to get as much as possible as this will be my first foray into DF and being able to ensure the ability to add another encounter area or two would be great.

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:11 pm

I would be very happy if this can happen.
Unfortunately, my credit card has a limit on monthly spending, so I can't pledge for what I would.
I will full out July, then again in August in the PM.
If there was another occasion (an october one, or if simply the PM can be kept open August-September) that would be great.

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by whyteshark » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Yes please, I need a presale this time more so than any before. Please, please, please.
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Pre-Sale, PLEEEEEEEASE!

Post by bernyleung » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Everybody knows me by now, so you know what you're getting into by reading this post.

DF Crew have not stated outright that there will be a Pre-Sale phase to this campaign. "Maybe, maybe not" is literally all we've heard. Historically, they've done one for the past 2 KS campaigns, with prices that were slightly higher than KS, but possibly slightly lower than predicted on-line store prices, and included stretch goals for pledges that mimicked campaign base pledges.

Please do this again for this campaign. There's only so much money that can be spent at once. Even the small delay between the end of the KS and the end of the PM is not necessarily enough to rebuild the war chest to get those "must-have-but-can't-afford-yet" offerings. But an extra couple of months notice can always squeeze a DF addict for an extra 3-figure pledge.

Please comment to this thread with something to show your support. A single keystroke, a single emoji, anything to get attention. We want to see 500 views, 500 replies.

Maybe DF can make a poll. "If all current campaign content were available for a Pre-Sale in the fall, how much would you likely spend at that time? $0. up to $100, up to $300, up to $500, up to $1000, more than $1000." I know what my answer would be. What about you?