ks5 survey next ks

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Re: ks5 survey next ks

Post by iceycat » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:00 pm

I love the idea of caverns expansions. Not 100% sure what's meant by "underdark" though. One of the main things I would love to see in a cavern expansion is mines. I love the way the Ainsty Yakkum Gold Mines look and I would die and go to heaven for something like that in Dwarvenite.

The dwarven and elvish sets sound great but I think I would like those in the vein of the Temple of Sysuul style - meaning that it's a "set" within the next Kickstarter but NOT what the whole Kickstarter revolves around. Same for ruins.

I'm torn on wilderness. I'd really love to see some types of Dwarven Forge for outdoor use BUT I'm a little leary after the Erinthor Mountains. Don't get me wrong, I love that set but it also really annoys me at the same time. The fact that they made the "backs" the open part of the tile as opposed to the "bottoms" has really, really bugged me. I am often limited to my arrangements because I can't let the backs show. I guess the whole point was that the tops were mossy and the bottoms were more rocky so you could flip them but I have WAYYYYYYY more interest in not having the backs be open. If they do something like this again for an outdoor terrain I would seriously consider not getting them because of that fact alone.

So what would wilderness terrain look like then? Rivers and dirt roads? There's already some excellent versions of those out there. and with things like "flex" roads and rivers that bend to the contours of the terrain they're placed on I think Dwarvenite would actually be inferior to some of these. Trees? I don't know that Dwarvenite trees would ever look right unless they are just the wood parts and you flock them yourself, otherwise if the leaves are part of the Dwarvenite they would be pretty rigid looking and also probably quite expensive. Rocks? We have Erinthor already but I could see some other rock types maybe (openings on the bottom this time please!) Grassy tiles? Now THIS I wouldn't mind seeing to some degree. Some grassy parks for the city builder system for sure. Someone on here took to applying flocking to stony floor tiles and gave it an amazing look, I could definitely see a sculpted Dwarvenite using that same kind of look doing well. Another interesting wilderness would be something for elves. I know it mentioned elves as part of an underdark cave but don't forget about the wood elves!

I would kind of like it of the next Kickstarter dabbled in a little of everything instead of being a mega theme again. A little wilderness, a little cavern (mines/dwarven/drow), some new city builder - would love some new building material types like brick or wood to compliment stone and tudor.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:37 am

Underdark Caverns Terrain 5
Ruins Terrain 4
Dwarven Fortress Terrain 3
Dark Elven Stronghold Terrain 2
Wilderness Terrain 1
Hellscape Terrain 1
Docks Zero

I put docks and wilderness at the lowest desirability because they are well covered in my collection. I think Underdark caverns and Dark Elven Fortress/strong hold could be more or less one theme .Dwarven Stronghold only rates lower because again I already made one for myself.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:42 am

With berny on this one - 'RUINS'

And if you don't think we are serious about ruins - check this thread out viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7790

Given we can expect an encounter style KS and having just done the survey we can see what DF are looking at for KSVI.

Ruins are so multipurpose and could be an add-on for each encounter with 'hopefully' more castle ruins add-ons.

We found it interesting that a Dwarven Fortress and a Dark Elven Stronghold were options, no love for your non-dark Elf ?

But then we thought adventures are generally in 'bad' places and 'bad' Elves are essentially Dark Elves. Dwarven Fortresses can obviously be 'bad' places (Moria, Erebor).

So that somewhat puts paid to our suggestion of big modular, tree platformed, walkway'd massive trees .... :cry: - still would look amazing and could be part of the Wilderness terrain :) .
I am the Game and I want to Play

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:50 am

Before I even got to the burrow questions I was telling them I want to get three big burrow sets in the future.

I really hope they can afford to put a bunch in the store.

I would hate to see them run out of burrows the same way they ran out of mountains.

If they can't afford to put a bunch in the store, I wonder if they could add them to the pre order list.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:55 am

I can see burrows selling out very fast indeed.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:46 am

I got the impression burrows didn't sell as well as expected from the survey as well. I agree it was more of a budgetary issue. They weren't NEEDED to go with the rest of the pieces and weren't limited edition like the jade Shrine of Sysuul. They were totally ancillary. Fun, but easily dropped if you had to cut something.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:43 am

I just did the survey and put wilderness, ruins and docks pretty high and the rest lower. I really do not want to see more caverns, sci-fi or any elven stronghold.

As for stl files, I have no use for them, but I see no problem with selling them. Might as well get on that bandwagon, the 3D printers will just get better.

As for burrows, I sens sales were not what was expected, or even very low. I think their sales retail will be good DF, as they are interesting and people just ran out of money. I will not be getting any though, as I need to not buy everything, and I can rough those out with caverns.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:20 am

It is in the last Dungeon of Doom kickstarter update that went out this afternoon. Mine arrived around 2:50 PM CDT. You can get to the survey from the last update (#34) on the updates page of the Kickstarter project (or click here to see the update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dw ... ts/2011818 )

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:49 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:52 pm
Harneloot wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:32 pm
There is a new survey??? :?
You should have gotten an email invite for the survey to the account you used for KS. Check your spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox.
Huh...well, I got SQUADOUCH! :( :cry:

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:31 pm

I did the survey this afternoon.... I think this is what I chose:

Ruins 5
Underdark Caverns 5
Dark Elven Stronghold 4
Dwarven Fortress 4
Docks/Sea Port 3