Feelings on the Dungeon Bridge?

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Feelings on the Dungeon Bridge?

Post by dice4hire » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:35 pm

Well, you have till April or May to make up your mind and gather funds now.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

combs1ng
Kobold
Kobold

Post by combs1ng » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:21 pm

You guys really have me thinking I should get a bridge too! Damn it, I'm already double my budget

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:28 pm

I like it as a centerpiece also.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:50 pm

I very much like the bridge. 8-)
If I had another $126 to spend, it would have been in my purchase after a few more dias sets for variety. I do agree it wouldn't get used as much as other pieces, but it is a very nice large piece of eye-candy. I could see it as an objective to hold or take over, maybe even try to sneak by...or just use it for another centerpiece to a grand layout.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:11 am

I passed. I just don't see myself using it - even at a cheaper price it wouldn't have tempted me as much. I rarely use things like that.

I might want it for cities one day - I could see a city on the banks of a river with a major bridge connecting two neighborhoods a la Boston and Cambridge. But honestly it would still see very little table time - only the largest and most elaborate builds. And that's so rarely done I just can't justify the cost.

bernyleung
Ogre
Ogre

Post by bernyleung » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:14 pm

I got the elevation megapack so I'm in for one bridge. One grand bridge should be enough. I've got two tower bridges and two stone bridges from KS4, plus the elevation arches can also be made into bridges as well, so that's probably all the versatility I'll need (for now).

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:22 am

I managed to get all the bridges from KS4 - have you seen my latest castle build !?

But you cannot have enough bridges so I am in for two and a bunch of extensions which are a real deal maker for me to be able to have a long bridge.

Love the aesthetics the ability to put on some bling with gargoyles, heads-on-spikes etc. They are expensive but they are a very unique piece even if you have bunch of bridges (that is what a group of bridges is called btw).

Hoping there may be some compatibility with KS4 bridges, but wont be crying if there isn't (much)
Last edited by Rabbit Burner on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Game and I want to Play

tangleknot
Goblin
Goblin

Post by tangleknot » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:41 am

The bridge was a must have! Imagine all the battles that will take place ahead of the payers, behind them, all around them, as they try not to fall into eel infested waters, or even lava! The bridge offers a unique encounter that the rest of the dungeon tiles can't do effectively well.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:06 am

I went back and forth on two mega elevation packs vs. addons and eventually went with just addons.

Decided I didnt need all the extra columns, blocks and corner pillar posts.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:10 am

dice4hire wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:56 am
I think DF said that piece would see a large jump in price retail. That and double doors as I recall.
Thanks for the heads up on the coming price jump and the DF RPG encounter tie-in. I did not have time to follow this campaign too closely. Mostly waited for the dust to clear and see the final offerings. Appreciate the news.
dice4hire wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:56 am
I like the bridge for aesthetics for sure, but I think it is a nice piece to build a city around, plus the RPG encounter happening there, of course. 4 inches is really wide.
Well, the bridge itself is only 2 inches across, right? It is just the base that is 4 inches. And the way it is designed, you can't exactly put the bridge sections adjacent to each other to make a seamless 4 inch-wide bridge, it seems.

I think I will probably be picking up the Dungeon Bridge add-on at least.

I have been really weighing getting the Elevation Megapack vs an assortment of individual add-ons, but all the Bridge pieces in there have given me pause. Perhaps I will reconsider. Just a way to make good elevation connections in a bigger dungeon or city build seems interesting.

Thanks for all the input so far.
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.