The Confusion with a Simple Pledge?

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Re: The Confusion with a Simple Pledge?

Post by LadySabelle » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:03 am

This is where the spreadsheets, made by some of the awesome backers, come in handy. Like this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1321824054
My pledge is probably one of the most complicated ones this year and without a specific goal, I'd probably be lost too. I suggest finding specific pieces that you really want, then use a spreadsheet to test out combinations that get you those pieces within your budget. Then look at all the other pieces you are getting and note any shortages or overages. If you have room in your budget pick up add-ons for shortages and post willingness to trade for any you don't need/want.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Arbados
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Arbados » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:06 am

Thanks dice4hire for your input! Much appreciated! Part of my trouble is there seems to be so much overlap with pieces from different pledges. You have to really be aware of what is within each add-on as well as basic pledges as you could add more, or less, of what you needed if you aren't really (and I mean really) paying attention. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed this KS'er tremendously, as well as the choice, but damn when it came to my pledge it was extremely difficult and confusing to try and figure everything out.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:15 am

I certainly agree it is a hard decision, certainly it is, especially as you spend less than 5000 bucks. The less you spend, the more decisions. Painted(or unpainted) DoD is a simple pledge if you have the funds.

The way I decided what I would get was to look at the options and decide what I did not need. In a way I was lucky I did not like the burrows or temple stuff so that cut 700 bucks off my wish list right there. I also did not want passages so that helped me cut a few passage heavy encounters, and not needing diases cut another.

I think that is a good way to go about it. See what you do not need and avoid it. I am getting a bit of most of the above to see if I get it retail though. Luckily it is easy to get a sampling of everything in troves or encounters.

My big trouble was new vaulted pieces and bling/decor items. That took me a lot of time. At first I was leaning towards troves, and on the other side sat the Gorgon and all his goodness plus a few more encounters. In the end I went for a balance.

But then again I went for only about 850 including shipping to Japan. With your 1500 assuming USA shipping, you can get triple what I got.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Arbados
Goblin
Goblin

The Confusion with a Simple Pledge?

Post by Arbados » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:56 am

Hi All:
I've pledged to many Kickstarters and also pledged to the first two DF. However, this pledge seems to be the most difficult and complex of all! I've spent hours trying to figure out which sets I want, which sets will cover my needs if I buy others, how many I need of each and much, much more. Now, I do this for other KS'ers, but it seems this one is much more confusing and difficult. There are so many options and choices that it seems somewhat overwhelming.

Now, I LOVE choice so I shouldn't really complain, but the choices offered in this one seem somewhat overwhelming. I usually love pledging to projects I pledged, but this one kept me away as I was worrying how to get the best deal and make the best choice as there were just so many choices to get similar products. There are SOOOOO many good items, but quite a few overlap with other pledges so you have to really take time to see what is the best option! I really love pledging, but this KS'er was a bit of a project to pledge and I haven't even finished! Am I crazy for spending about 3 hours on it so far? I guess much has to do with how great the product is, but on my first 2 KS'ers with DF it was much easier! I am quite confused on this pledge and I spent $1,500! :?: