Goblin
Goblin

Re: Elevation Platforms & Stretch Goals

Post by dreamlifter » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:56 am

Jonathan wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:56 pm
dreamlifter wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:26 pm
2. Stretch Goals - I don't understand the 3 different charts, encounters, and "dungeon levels". Are stretch goals being given as "encounter" and "dungeon level" pledges separately or are they given as "encounters" only and thereby making the posted information inaccurate, or are they being given some other way? How does stretch goals correlate to build your own encounters? The examples below highlight this.

If a person elects Zaltar's Gameroom, ($119 P, $82Up), it says you get Weapons racks x2, but if a person elects Dungeon Level 1 ($119 P, $82Up), Zaltar's Gameroom, they get weapon racks x2, magnetic arrow launcher, and Zaltar's throne. The cost is the same, but choosing the DL gives more stretch goals.
It seems very strongly to be the case that the stretch goals are tied directly to the Encounter Area sets, and are not based directly upon the dungeon level pledge options. The charts presumably show it by dungeon level since having fifteen columns would be harder to read. The individual Encounter Area graphics are presumably not updated continuously throughout day one since that would be super labor intensive.

It's smart of them to tie it to Encounter Areas instead of dungeon levels, since that will making inventory and order packing much simpler.

EDIT: Having read some comments on the KS, it seems evident that a fair number of backers seem to think the SGs are based on pledge level, not based upon Encounter Areas. I'm not sure how the page could say it better, so maybe it would be better for the chart to have a column for every single Encounter Area.

Current text on the KS page: Each stretch goal in intended to enhance a specific "Encounter Area" (e.g. "Lever Chamber," "Gorgon Room," etc). If your pledge includes that "Encounter Area," you will receive that stretch goal when it unlocks; if your pledge does not include that room, you will not receive that stretch goal.
New this year: if you use the Build Your Own Dungeon pledge, or you pledge for Encounter Area Add-Ons, you will also receive the stretch goals that unlock for that Encounter Area. (Note: there are not free stretch goals for any other sets apart from "Encounter Areas.")
Thanks for your input, but far what I've gleaned is that seems to be their intent, but what is complicating this appears to be 2 differing logics. Why post "earned" stretch goals with each encounter, but show the "planned" stretch goal list with the spreadsheet? If posting "planned" stretch goals for the spreadsheet, it seems logical to follow suit and do the same thing for each encounter by post the "planned" stretch goals there too. This would require no updates to photos unless the pledged amount exceeds the "planned" pledge amounts. It also leads to continuity between the spreadsheet and the encounter posters. Posting stretch goals in multiple places in different ways leads to different interpretations. Notice the encounters photos say "more to come". With the DL showing it's planned, it does leave open to interpretation to say oh I get the spreadsheet for DL plus the encounter stretch goals.

I won't post on this topic again.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Stormfury wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm
So what unlocks 'the dungeon of doom'? Seeing as it's not a part of an Encounter A, B, or C? It's not clear to me what # we need for it to show up. What about Khri Colony? Shrine of Sysuul?

I get that encounters have stretch goals, but what about non-encounters seeing as I haven't pledged for any of those? where are the unlocks?
The DoD is now unlocked. It is a combination of all 15 Encounter Levels, including #13 Lava Bridge, 14 (Khri Colony), and #15 (Shrine of Sysuul). Pledging for DoD will get you all the Stretch Goals for all 15 Encounters.

Non-encounter pledges do not receive any stretch goals, because they are considered add-ons and not "main" pledges. However, I think DF will be offering SG piece collections as a separate add-on (much like they did for KS4).

kmj9907
Orc
Orc

Post by kmj9907 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Stormfury wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm

So what unlocks 'the dungeon of doom'? What about Khri Colony? Shrine of Sysuul?

I get that encounters have stretch goals, but what about non-encounters seeing as I haven't pledged for any of those? where are the unlocks?
Some of the unlocks are unspecified as of yet.

Nate is about to do a live stream, so watch the KS comments for a link, if you're interested. You can ask him. (He may not provide a satisfying answer.)

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:17 pm
Think of it this way.

Encounter A comes with Stretch Goals A
Encounter B comes with Stretch Goals B
Encounter C domes with Stretch Goals C

I have the option of buying any Encounter separately, or even in multiples. So if I buy Encounter A and Encounter B, I get the stretch goals for A and B. I don't get Stretch Goal C even if total backer dollars unlocks it for the campaign, because it's tied to the specific pledge of Encounter C, which I didn't buy.

But if Dungeon Pledge #2 includes the entire package of Encounter A, B, and C, then if I buy it I will get Stretch Goals A, B, and C. Dungeon Pledge #2 as a package should cost slightly less than total cost of Encounters A, B, and C.
So what unlocks 'the dungeon of doom'? Seeing as it's not a part of an Encounter A, B, or C? It's not clear to me what # we need for it to show up. What about Khri Colony? Shrine of Sysuul?

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:30 pm

the only thing confusing about stretch goals is the silly map

if each encounter room graphic had a grayed out image and a $$$ amount to unlock then no one would be confused

that chart at the bottom is a nightmare - sometimes it makes sense - if something only goes to one room (throne in Zaltars game room) other times it doesn't because you have no idea which encounter rooms will get 2 of which piece

i vote for getting rid of the chart and going to graphics - i know it is more work for the team, but it is SOOOO much easier to understand
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Think of it this way.

Encounter A comes with Stretch Goals A
Encounter B comes with Stretch Goals B
Encounter C domes with Stretch Goals C

I have the option of buying any Encounter separately, or even in multiples. So if I buy Encounter A and Encounter B, I get the stretch goals for A and B. I don't get Stretch Goal C even if total backer dollars unlocks it for the campaign, because it's tied to the specific pledge of Encounter C, which I didn't buy.

But if Dungeon Pledge #2 includes the entire package of Encounter A, B, and C, then if I buy it I will get Stretch Goals A, B, and C. Dungeon Pledge #2 as a package should cost slightly less than total cost of Encounters A, B, and C.

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:15 pm

I found the stretch goals this go round confusing as well. I'm hoping as they start unlocking more on the pics it'll be easier to understand.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

Jonathan
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Jonathan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:56 pm

dreamlifter wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:26 pm
2. Stretch Goals - I don't understand the 3 different charts, encounters, and "dungeon levels". Are stretch goals being given as "encounter" and "dungeon level" pledges separately or are they given as "encounters" only and thereby making the posted information inaccurate, or are they being given some other way? How does stretch goals correlate to build your own encounters? The examples below highlight this.

If a person elects Zaltar's Gameroom, ($119 P, $82Up), it says you get Weapons racks x2, but if a person elects Dungeon Level 1 ($119 P, $82Up), Zaltar's Gameroom, they get weapon racks x2, magnetic arrow launcher, and Zaltar's throne. The cost is the same, but choosing the DL gives more stretch goals.
It seems very strongly to be the case that the stretch goals are tied directly to the Encounter Area sets, and are not based directly upon the dungeon level pledge options. The charts presumably show it by dungeon level since having fifteen columns would be harder to read. The individual Encounter Area graphics are presumably not updated continuously throughout day one since that would be super labor intensive.

It's smart of them to tie it to Encounter Areas instead of dungeon levels, since that will making inventory and order packing much simpler.

EDIT: Having read some comments on the KS, it seems evident that a fair number of backers seem to think the SGs are based on pledge level, not based upon Encounter Areas. I'm not sure how the page could say it better, so maybe it would be better for the chart to have a column for every single Encounter Area.

Current text on the KS page: Each stretch goal in intended to enhance a specific "Encounter Area" (e.g. "Lever Chamber," "Gorgon Room," etc). If your pledge includes that "Encounter Area," you will receive that stretch goal when it unlocks; if your pledge does not include that room, you will not receive that stretch goal.
New this year: if you use the Build Your Own Dungeon pledge, or you pledge for Encounter Area Add-Ons, you will also receive the stretch goals that unlock for that Encounter Area. (Note: there are not free stretch goals for any other sets apart from "Encounter Areas.")

dreamlifter
Goblin
Goblin

Elevation Platforms & Stretch Goals

Post by dreamlifter » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:26 pm

1. Elevation Platforms - As I understand it there is a height difference between KS IV Castles and the KS I-III sets. Has consideration been made to make a metal, DI or DI-G, or some other material floor piece to bring them equal allowing a castle to be built on top of the dungeon/cavern while still having a castle surrounding the dungeon/cavern.

** Would you be able to create some elevation platforms (boxes) for castles and cities? What about doing an "Elevation Box" also as add-on packs for greater elevation builds?

By going up to Dungeon Level 2 ($370 P, $255 Up ), it adds the 4 LED wards and 2 swinging blades, whereas building your own adding the 2 additional encounters "Arcane Alcover", ($81 P, $56 Up) only adds the 2 swinging blades and the "Lever chamber" ($185 P, $126 Up) doesn't show any additional stretch goals as they're coming soon. Buying 3 encounters unpainted is $264 costing more than DL2 by $9 and painted is $385 costing more than DL2 by $15.