Elevation Platforms & Stretch Goals

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Elevation Platforms & Stretch Goals

Post by biowizard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 am

Stretch goals are attached to Encounters.
So buying an add-on that is itself an encounter, you will get the stretch goals for this encounter. (So 10 secret doors for 10 menagerie encounters)

Dungeon level pledges which include several encounters are a bunch of already selected encounters (not a la carte) that are slightly cheaper then buying each encounter separately as add-ons.

I believe this is the most common question and there should be specific question for it the KS FAQ section.

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:04 am

Hi William,

The stretch goal chart is really aimed at those who purchase the dungeon levels.

The text under the stretch goal image in the left column indicates what the stretch goal is and which encounter (if any) that it is a part of.

If it is part of an encounter room then anyone who either 1) buys a dungeon level that includes that encounter room, or 2) buys that encounter room as an add-on will get that particular stretch goal. You get the stretch goal for every copy of the encounter room you purchase.

If the text does not include an encounter room, then that stretch goal is only for the dungeon levels indicated across the chart (I have not looked at it today, but yesterday that was at 500K and 1Million) I believe the text on those is also colored yellow.

So there are incentives to buy encounter rooms, and more incentives to buy dungeon levels.

JenneyOC has started her question/answer items... the one regarding stretch goals explains this very topic pretty well.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:10 am

Look at it from where I'm coming from. I will not be ordering E1 thru E7, a group of three mixed E's. If Encounters E1+E3+E7 were all you want to get, then the chart should show 17 SG's, but the chart only has 11 shown.

Why is the chart then showing Dungeon Levels at all?

I looks to me as if the Chart is only if you buy in the [E1 to E3] or [E1 to E6] or [E1 to E9] and so on. It seems to me the chart is showing extra SG's above and beyond the ones included in the Encounter Levels?

Slow down a little and try to figure out if you are correct based solely on the three sets I'm talking about.
I get it, with all the excitement and all and having no dollar restriction yourself you can just say da-da-da, but it's not right and very confusing. The "planned" SG's per Encounter are not really added SG's then. They are just a set of pieces planned to be added as the pledge amount rises. The Chart is by Dungeon Level, not Encounter growth.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter.
I will figure it out at the end.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 pm

William wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 pm
Hope that is true, thanks Jonathan. The SG Chart and description seems wrong then? We shall see.
Yes, this is true. The charts are accurate. The pledge level pictures are only as accurate as the staff has time to update them. Thus the disconnect.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Hope that is true, thanks Jonathan. The SG Chart and description seems wrong then? We shall see.

Jonathan
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Jonathan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:01 pm

William wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:09 pm
So if I pledge for E1, E3 and E7 I could get the amount of Stretch goals equal to Dungeon Level #2. The price of those three is almost up to the price of DL#3, but I would only get SG's for the E1. I would much prefer those three Encounters than the first three together. My problem I guess.
If one selects the "Build Your Own Dungeon" option and takes E1, E3, and E7, they'll get the stretch goals that are tied to E1, E3, and E7.

Quote from the KS page: Each stretch goal in intended to enhance a specific "Encounter Area". If your pledge includes that "Encounter Area," you will receive that stretch goal when it unlocks ... If you use the Build Your Own Dungeon pledge, or you pledge for Encounter Area Add-Ons, you will also receive the stretch goals that unlock for that Encounter Area

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:09 pm

This is why I wish stretch goals were based on how much money someone spent on different or like Encounters. Maybe done in a range of dollars, only based on the Encounters pledged and not including add-ons.
So if I pledge for E1, E3 and E7 I could get the amount of Stretch goals equal to Dungeon Level #2. The price of those three is almost up to the price of DL#3, but I would only get SG's for the E1. I would much prefer those three Encounters than the first three together. My problem I guess.

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:09 pm
As I understand it.. you buy a menagerie you get the stretch goals for the menagerie. Dungeon level 5 is the only level (besides dungeon of doom) that includes the menagerie so it is the only dungeon level that gets its stretch goals.
Thanks!
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:09 pm

As I understand it.. you buy a menagerie you get the stretch goals for the menagerie. Dungeon level 5 is the only level (besides dungeon of doom) that includes the menagerie so it is the only dungeon level that gets its stretch goals.

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:55 pm

So can someone clarify, looking at the Stretch Goal Chart III.
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/017/15 ... 690c153a6f

It has a Corner Secret Door The Menagerie x1 listed for Dungeon Level V and Dooms. Does this mean it only comes with those tiers? Ie. if I buy 10 Menageries, I'd get 0 stretch goals?
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity