Buying extras to resell on ebay?

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Buying extras to resell on ebay?

Post by geekjeff » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:49 pm

It's a crapshoot whether you get delivery early and can take advantage of the super early market demand. The price difference between Kickstarter and retail is less than it was for KS1 in particular, and the stretch goals don't tend to be alas exclusive (because why spend 10k on a mold and then put it to rest?)

Disclosure - I don't really resell anything, I overbought KS3 and then decided I really wanted an Imperial Steeets to go with my Capital City, and because I got lucky with early delivery I managed to resell an extra Village I didn't need for enough to buy my Streets on the webstore and pocket maybe 20 bucks after eBay fees. For a whole bunch of work and hassle.

Now, there may be some Stretch Goals coming up which you could part out and sell individually because of high demand. Your decision. But I wouldn't expect to make a ton.

I know some people do this with CMON Kickstarters, but they have a ton of exclusive sculpts.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Buying extras to resell on ebay?

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:47 pm

I've done it before; I did it with Kickstarters 1-3 but not 4. I'd have to run my own numbers and feel my gut if I think it's a good idea here, but typically it has worked for people.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

guslandt
Goblin
Goblin

Buying extras to resell on ebay?

Post by guslandt » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:24 pm

I don't know if this is a loaded topic on these forums. I was wondering what people's general thoughts were on the topic of buying extra sets during a kick-starter with the plan to sell the extras on ebay to help defray some of the cost.

It seems like the previous kickstarter sets sell on ebay for a decent amount above what the kickstarter backer had to pay. Could be a legitimate strategy to afford more stuff?