Buying extras to resell on ebay?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Buying extras to resell on ebay?

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:42 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:51 pm
If trying to make 25% or more (which is about the minimum I would speculate at) I would argue none of the KSV stuff is worth it. If your bar is 10-15% then I think some of the encounters will be worth it.
As someone who has speculated before, I stopped doing so in KS4 because the margins got too tight. Also, the castles KS had such a large buy-in that I didn't want to risk hoping someone had an extra $1k+ sitting around after the KS.

Also, to be honest, I've also noticed the market cooling over the past year. I think 3D printing and kickstarters are filling up the needs of buyers to a larger extent than they were even 2-3 years ago. It's harder to move sets than it used to be, at least in my opinion.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:51 pm

If trying to make 25% or more (which is about the minimum I would speculate at) I would argue none of the KSV stuff is worth it. If your bar is 10-15% then I think some of the encounters will be worth it.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:29 pm

I wrote a long response to this but the bottom line was that only the limited release Items are worth the risk.

Jade pieces - painted or unpainted. Jade sets and pieces are the only areas where I would consider speculation.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:22 pm

You are right about salty. I think it is even more challenging for the early backers if they end up in the back of the delivery line and someone is already reselling. KS can teach one patience in so many ways. I am sure next year, my luck will turn and he has been nearly furst shall be last. ;-)
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Forar80
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Forar80 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:10 pm

lostpict wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:02 pm
It's also a great way to push up total KS sales so that everyone benefits by more Stretch Goals. I don't resent a reselker making a profit on the 2nd hand market, since a reseller is taking a significant risk of taking a loss and his funds are tied up for a prolonged amount of time.
This is a reasonable stance to take, and my own beliefs follow along those lines; appreciate the extra funding provided, good luck on the secondary market.

But boy, when shipping is imminent do people ever get 'salty' (as the kids would say) in the comments when they see sets start showing up on eBay.

Cries of 'what a waste' and 'such a shame' show up, as though it's a personal affront that someone contributed thousands of dollars to a campaign and then sold off the items, especially if those same people haven't gotten their boxes yet.

I was thinking of doing a little reselling to help offset the cost of participating in KS5, but Canadian backers got *screwed* by customs delays in KS4, which all but ended that train of thought.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:45 pm

Talistran wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:27 pm
jchunick wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:31 pm
jackattack wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Please read anything you like and form your own opinions.
Edit: oh, to hell with it; it's not worth getting baited into it. I'm done with commenting on anyone else's posts here. I'm not going to stop posting my own stuff here, but it's not worth the stress of posting and then seeing my posts taken out of context and used in sarcastic responses.
That is cool and all, but my first impression was "Who is Josh to tell others what they should read and shouldn't read?" Nobody was baiting you. You said something in a way that came across pretty inappropriate IN MY OPINION (and I have no dog in this fight) and now you are passive aggressively stating that others are quoting you out of context and sarcastically responding. Just kind of feels like "I'm taking my ball and going home".

How would you feel if you posted a link to a thread and said "I found this really useful" and then someone else posted here and said "Don't bother reading Josh's link"? Seriously, you don't see why someone may get upset about that? And I think that "Please read anything you like and form your own opinions" was a pretty polite response.

Anyways, I love your posts and your mod work. But it seems that you have become pretty defensive lately and that most of the "spats" on the board involve you in some way; I'm sorry if you feel attacked and hope that life gets better.

Semper Fidelis,

Kent
Thank-you for your concern. I can tell it's sincere and well-intentioned.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:31 am

I think we all can agree to just move along and get back to the subject of the post, I think we're all adults and can move on from any past grievances. :)

🖖
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:27 pm

jchunick wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:31 pm
jackattack wrote:
jchunick wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:54 pm
Please don't bother reading the link jackattack posted about the topic as it gets more into specific types of reselling and, I strongly believe, will give the wrong impression.
Edit: oh, to hell with it; it's not worth getting baited into it. I'm done with commenting on anyone else's posts here. I'm not going to stop posting my own stuff here, but it's not worth the stress of posting and then seeing my posts taken out of context and used in sarcastic responses.
That is cool and all, but my first impression was "Who is Josh to tell others what they should read and shouldn't read?" Nobody was baiting you. You said something in a way that came across pretty inappropriate IN MY OPINION (and I have no dog in this fight) and now you are passive aggressively stating that others are quoting you out of context and sarcastically responding. Just kind of feels like "I'm taking my ball and going home".

How would you feel if you posted a link to a thread and said "I found this really useful" and then someone else posted here and said "Don't bother reading Josh's link"? Seriously, you don't see why someone may get upset about that? And I think that "Please read anything you like and form your own opinions" was a pretty polite response.

Anyways, I love your posts and your mod work. But it seems that you have become pretty defensive lately and that most of the "spats" on the board involve you in some way; I'm sorry if you feel attacked and hope that life gets better.

Semper Fidelis,

Kent

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:31 pm

jackattack wrote:
jchunick wrote:
Please don't bother reading the link jackattack posted about the topic as it gets more into specific types of reselling and, I strongly believe, will give the wrong impression.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:13 pm

jchunick wrote:
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch