KS5 - Magnets in bases

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KS5 - Magnets in bases

Post by kitenerd » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:02 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:57 am
The Classic Dungeon walls will have the anchor ports. The pieces available in the KS are all new. "Classic" just refers to the plain wall design rather than the vaulted walls with the columns.
The only thing better than the quick response is when you get the exact response you want to hear quickly !!!!

Thank you!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:56 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:25 pm
Do you mean the "Passage walls"? I'm probably not the best person to answer this question, since I wasn't in on the planning for these pieces but I'll give it a shot.The passage walls are the full height of a normal wall w/floor. The "tab" is designed to slide under a floor piece so that they don't tip over. They allow you to make a narrow passage with a full grid rather than having the wall take up half a square.
Thanks
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:45 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:25 pm
Do you mean the "Passage walls"? I'm probably not the best person to answer this question, since I wasn't in on the planning for these pieces but I'll give it a shot.The passage walls are the full height of a normal wall w/floor. The "tab" is designed to slide under a floor piece so that they don't tip over. They allow you to make a narrow passage with a full grid rather than having the wall take up half a square.
Different subject, but do you know what pieces are classic Dwarvenite and what are Dwarvenite-G?

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:31 pm

They also allow you to use special floors (hello spike traps) in the middle of a 10ft corridor, which is now possible with the old funky corridor design.

They're like freestanding walls with a kickstand that tucks under the adjoining piece for stability.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:59 am

LadySabelle wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:57 am
The Classic Dungeon walls will have the anchor ports. The pieces available in the KS are all new. "Classic" just refers to the plain wall design rather than the vaulted walls with the columns.
Can you explain the tab on some of the wall sections :?:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:57 am

Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

KS5 - Magnets in bases

Post by kitenerd » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:53 am

I would like to start a thread to get official word from DF as to which pieces have the anchor magnet system in the base. Specifically there are a lot of "Classic Dungeon Walls" in my pledge levels. Will these be remade with the Anchor Magnet System or are they identical to the hundreds i already own?
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939