kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: We need your input-KS5

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:27 am

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:53 pm
Hello Valorians!

We need to know what sort of accessories you might like included in the Dungeon of Doom!

Please give your suggestions here!
Based on what we have seen so far of the Dungeon of Doom tiles it looks like you are going for a more ornate dungeon and the ruins of it. Perhaps from a old more powerful empire sort of the ancient Greece/Rome of Valoria

If by accessories you mean add-ons it would be cool to have a small set of city builder tiles that had the Dungeon of Doom look so we have a way to do surface building that look like they are a part of the Dungeon of Doom architecture.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:22 am

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:53 pm
Hello Valorians!

We need to know what sort of accessories you might like included in the Dungeon of Doom!

Please give your suggestions here!
Based on what we have seen so far of the Dungeon of Doom tiles it looks like you are going for a more ornate dungeon and the ruins of it. Perhaps from a old more powerful empire sort of the ancient Greece/Rome of Valoria

If by accessories you mean like the Furnishing Pack or the Woodland Accessory Set
I hope you would do accessories that would fit that old more powerful empire sort of the ancient Greek/Rome of Valoria.

Temple items be they the good or evil temple items should look ornate but old

Common items such as cots for guards, pottery, sacks and baskets would be great instead of crates

Tome items should stay away from the modern grave yard look or the you know Halloween/Scooby doo look

A line of magnetic wall décor like tapestries could be used to change the look of different rooms

If you are doing lots of ruin pieces it would be great to have a accessory pack of ruined accessories

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphyns » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:28 pm

While there are a number of non-dungeon things I'd like to see (especially the tudor advanced builder set) given the theme my picks for dungeon tiles would be:

Entrances (plural) - anything from a sewer tie-in to a massive dwarven carved portal.
More narrow passage variations

I'd also like encounter themed add-ons that mesh tiles, scatter terrain, and minis for specific encounter ideas. This could be kobolds/narrow corridors/traps, a griffin nest with griffon/hatchlings/nesty-caverns/partial skeletons and other detritus, to a wight's tomb with catacomb tiles/coffins and sarcophagi/assorted undead.

More water/coast pieces.

As has been suggested, since the LED pieces tend to be more expensive I'd either restrict them to add-ons and/or stretch goals (goal: add a fireplace, add-on: additional fireplaces/braziers/firepit tile).

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:21 pm

Hmm, let's see...

A really BIG fireplace, the height and width of a regular wall, but a solid inch or two deep so it makes a very stable standalone piece. With a removable insert to make it count as two fireplaces back to back. Serves as a cool pass-through (with or without fire hazard), a good place to hide a secret door ("our situation has not improved"), or a portal transition piece between different DF sets ("what's 17th century France doing on a space ship?"). Make it flat on top so we can put minis up there.

Freestanding wall with chains on both sides, and a skeleton in the chains on one side. Standard wall or corner with a seated/slumped skeleton, or better yet a free-seated/slumped skeleton we can put anywhere in any set. Skeleton lying on the floor, sculpted on or free-lying. A skeleton "scattered" across a 1"x1" (or 2"x2"?) clear plastic base -- bones might extend beyond the edges of the base. (It seems like animated skeletons have been done to death, but skeletons as atmosphere pieces are in short supply.)

Sarcophagi.

Spikes +1. Put them on one side of (half?) an elevation piece so we can walk them down a passage, or line them up as walls.

Wall height stone faces cut to fit in a standard (inside) corner, or a(n outside) corner junction of two straight walls. (Yes, just like the false alarms from "Labyrinth", but not legally actionable please.)

A big mound of coins cut into four unequal pieces. Put all four pieces together for a pile, put two together to go against a wall, or put one in each corner of a room. Simplest modular treasure pile.

More to come...
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

mcmonte
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mcmonte » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:16 pm

A Dwarven Forge-made dwarven forge. Anvil/ forge/ furnace/ kiln/ oven with bellows, and a few tools and accessories to outfit a barracks or armoury.

A wizard's laboratory, with some sort of alchemy lab, bookshelf, and an eldritch machine of some kind.

A torture chamber with a wrack, pillory, hot coals, all that scary stuff.

Tombs, coffins, burial chambers, crypt pieces.

electricmotorcycles
Goblin
Goblin

Post by electricmotorcycles » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:55 pm

please make most/all of the LED and other fancy pieces add-on sets and focus on making the base sets and SG simple terrain building items. this will help keep the cost down and we will attract more people.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:32 pm

I wish to put in as many votes and proxy votes as I can for miniatures. Not adventurers. Regular people miniatures. Or at least adventurers pretending to be regular people. All ages, shapes, sizes, and colours.

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Lots of good, specific recommendations here and I'd be happy to see any of these really.

More generically, accessories that add to the things adventurers can "do" in the dungeon. What can they interact with, in or out of combat. I'm short on specific examples right now, but a good starting point would be published adventure modules - what types of things show up in those that the PCs can interact with?

tort518
Goblin
Goblin

Post by tort518 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:11 pm

I have an idea for add-ons to a later KS, not this one.

I call it the Necropolis add-on collection. These are a good fit for Catacombs, caverns, and city builder. Above and below ground pieces.

Graveyard and park pieces
Grave stones
Mausoleums
Monuments
Statues
Shrines
Open graves
Memorials
Magnetic bits for Mausoleum tops
Iron fence and gate
Iron fence above stone wall
Catacomb hallways
Paris style catacomb pieces
Bone pit floor piece
LED pieces

agro23
Goblin
Goblin

Post by agro23 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Mobius wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:41 pm
While not directly raiding to Dungeons, I would love to see Elye's KS3 Windmill and Watermill prototype Add-ons included in KS5 (https://www.facebook.com/GriffinTamerStudio/). That would be amazingly useful and cool to be able to convert our existing KS3 stuff into specialty buildings. A Bell tower pack would be great too!
Seconded.