We need your input-KS5

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Re: We need your input-KS5

Post by Blue Prophet » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:08 am

• A freestanding clear plastic Dwarvenite smooth sided 2" long wall - Wall of Force, anyone? Plus a curved one?
  • Inserts for fountains or wells made from clear plastic (assuming there is something like this to fit them into)
  • Invisible adventurers (I know Reaper did some last KS, which I'll get soon)
  • Invisible Stalker (Large figure)
  • Clear plastic smooth floor piece for water, acid or ice lake (Probably not the demand to do the whole Water Caverns set in clear plastic, so at least the smooth water tiles would be nice in clear). 2x2 or 4x4 or both
  • Clear plastic "invisible" stone bridge. I don't have these from KS4 in hand yet. Maybe have clear plastic posts instead of metal, and maybe the magnet would be alright as the only visible thing inside it?
  • There are a number of portals in resin out there, but a DF take might be a bit different, in clear. Not round maybe?
  • Edit: Clear crystals for caverns. I'd love to have many types to be able to make a true full crystal cavern. I'd love to see a whole set of wall/floor pieces done this way, but lots of freestanding accessory clear crystals that sit on top of existing caverns might be good enough.
Is that enough to justify a variety pack of clear plastic pieces?

We could have a whole line of clear plastic water pieces for ocean/shoreline that have some chop sculpted into them and breaking waves on the edge pieces near a sandy shore. Though, that doesn't really even need to be clear plastic. This only makes some sense if there were outdoor tiles made.

I think modular field, road, forest tiles that are flocked might be possible, though very expensive, fragile and not as in demand. Again not appropriate for KS5.
Last edited by Blue Prophet on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warduke
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Warduke » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:52 am

Many of us have tons of painted dungeon dressing. How do you get us to buy the stuff we already have? Make it LED.

1. LED Portal - Stone arch with various runes inscribed around it. The interior lights up (as do the runes) when it is on.
2. LED Summoning Circle/Pentagram - Candles at the ends light up with a separate light/switch for the symbol/pentagram
3. LED Wizard/Mad Scientist Lab - Tesla coils, crystal ball on stand (or table), scrying pool, table or shelf full of glowing potion bottles (yeah, I know that last one is tricky).
4. LED Fireplace
5. LED crystals (for caverns). These would work best with multiple light colors.
6. LED Obelisk - Marked with magic runes that light up/pulse. These would work best with multiple light colors.

Minis

1. Prisoners and Corpses - Various humans, skeletons and corpses that can be used in a variety of ways. Can be chained to new dungeon walls, chained to a rack, placed in a gibbet, laid out on the floor, placed in stocks, etc.
2. The Court of Valoria - Various noble men & ladies, a jester, a king (standing and sitting version), a queen (standing and sitting version), the king and queen's throne. There is enough variety needed for a second set in a future KS. I noticed your townspeople minis are always out of stock. My guess is there are very popular.
3. Townsfolk 2 - Various bards, gravekeeper, dancing girls, strumpets, etc.
4. I agree with the seated tavern NPC idea.

Dungeon Pieces
1. Torture and Prisoner set - Dungeon walls with chains attached (are used with the minis mentioned above). Gibbets - can be placed on a removable stand or hung as decorations on our castle walls. Has a working door and prisoner/skeleton/corpse minis can be placed inside. Iron Maiden. Experiment table (think Frankenstein) that can incline from horizontal to vertical. Can place these same minis so diabolical baddies can run mad experiments. Couple this with the LED mad scientist lab I mention above for maximum effect. Stocks, guillotine.
2. Magnetic walls/decorations.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:47 am

I have a lot of accessories already. I want variety in my dungeons and caverns.

Jail cells and a 1" door would be great though!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:41 am

iPaint wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:59 am
  • Floor pieces with loose stones/missing stone/really cracked stones/impact crater/sitting water pools. Basically floor tiles that can add to a more dilapidated dungeon look
+1

Our dungeons are kept in such good repair. I'd love to see a "variety" floor pack like this for basic KS1 dungeon tiles (I'm sure they'd work fine with KS5). It wouldn't hurt to have a variety pack for straight KS1 walls too, just like Caverns has the variety of floor/wall sculpts. I think these should be accents within a dungeon, not unique enough to necessarily draw attention, but adding flavor. Maybe make up 10% of a build.

More rubble would be cool too. Especially since it could match DF tiles a bit.

iPaint wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:59 am
  • Sloped walls for dungeon level transitions. It'd be cool to place these down on either side of a stair well so there's a wall going from the lower level up to the next one. Make it double the height of a standard wall, or only a triangle piece with some form of small clip that could fit on top of standard KS1 walls.
I want something along these lines for Caverns. I suggested some ideas for 2x4 footprint cavern wall/floor pieces that could help break up the squareness and add a more organic feel to Caverns. But it looks like Caverns are beyond the scope of KS5.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:36 am

Blood stained sacrificial alters, walls with leavers, and decorated corner "posts" to cover the angles where two cavern corner pieces meet. And more secret door styles. A pivoting book case would be wonderful.

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:28 am

Talistran wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:19 am

SEATED MINIATURES FOR BARS, CHAIRS, ETC

+10 to seated figures.

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:19 am

Water...

Holes in dungeon floors for a pool, not a raised one like chamber of sorrows.

More cavern water stuff.

Moats. These could be used with castle, ks3, ks1, and K5.

Waterfalls

Please, no more crates or buckets or barrels The market is saturated and I literally have hundreds of them from dozens of makers.

Jail cells, with skeleton

SEATED MINIATURES FOR BARS, CHAIRS, ETC

Magnetic signs which could be blank and then we can add things like "this way" or "point of no return" or "no trespassing" or "no hoomans alowd" etc

Magnetic levers that can be put magnetic walls.

Pairs of boots
Loose clothes
Backpack
Pile of bricks
Wall with hole, will brick insert

dreamlifter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by dreamlifter » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:07 am

Harneloot wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:26 pm
Oldent wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:10 pm
I don't usually lobby for figures. Seated Inn/tavern patrons are needed badly.
Yes, a thousand times YES!

How about some torture equipment?
A commode? (sorry to start THAT again :)
A bedroll?
Adventurer remains?
Green and/or Blue version of the Chamber of Sorrows pool?
Statues?
Rickety wooden bridge a la Cavernous Rivers variety?
Door Raft?
Abandoned Backpack?
Larger Urns/Floor standing clay vessels?
Wooden Coffins?
New/Different Doors?
Torture Equipment > Should be a given for Dungeon of Doom. The uncommon ones not out there already are "Judas Chair (cradle)", Brazen Bull, Chinese Iron Maiden (steam torture), Pear of Anguish (orafice spreader), large cauldron, a wheel (used in many ways, by spinning people on the rim or the spokes while doing things or dropping it onto someone breaking bones and if not dead mount them on the spokes and display them for others to see), Spanish boot, rat cage (to place on someone's stomach), head crusher, single stake with optional miniature that would slide the stake through its arms behind or in front of them or miniature with hands tied above them with a loop to hold them on the stake while standing (no base needed) or a miniature with both arms extended and used with 2 stakes (miniatures could also be laid down or stood against the wall with a magnet hook to represent chained to a wall), scavenger's daughter, barrel pillory (spanish mantle), drunkard's cloak, chair of torture, hand crusher, multiple other devices at this site
https://listverse.com/2009/07/20/top-10 ... e-devices/
there are the common ones out there too; Rack, stocks, etc. (just researching.."most of these anyways" )

Adventurer remains > I've gotten a hold of broken or cheap minis and tore them up for this. It might be more worthwhile to focus elsewhere.

Statues > I think statues would be great as they could be used in any of the settings except maybe sewers. Then again, maybe there could be a Rat God statue.
Rickety wooden bridge > many possibilities and was discussed as potentially useful as docks

Various magnetic picture frames with a slot in the side, top, or bottom to slide a paper paint replica inside of it or solid with various stickers or paper replicas to glue to them.

Metal bar door and magnetic wall mural
Non-Dungeon/Castle or City Sundial

At a bit of a loss, but we'll see if the juices flow more

iPaint
Orc
Orc

Post by iPaint » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:59 am

So far there's already a good market saturation for a lot of the suggestions listed here. Mantic just did a huge Kickstarter for fantasy terrain, and a lot of it I may have already had in resin, Bones, metal, or plastic.

I'd like to see DF tackle things that work well with the product range they have, but not re-hash the umpteenth version of crates, barrels, tombstones, doors, etc.

Things I'd like to see:

KS3/CBS
  • Wrecked or semi-overturned wagon. Missing a wheel, lodged maybe halfway in the ground. Would go well with some debris or smashed crates, grain sacks, overturned chests with contents scattered about on the base, etc.
  • Dye pits, with racks for fabric/leather hanging on them. Include a small pile of folded or bundled clothes/fabric sheets.
  • 5" (or however long they need to be) hanging clothes lines with clothes on them would be perfect to hang between CBS buildings.
  • Stone walls of various heights. Include one with a garden gate. Would fit in well with CBS stone buildings, or make them more brick like (similar to KS1). Sculpt some grass or small bushes on base to add stability. While walls have been done by others, getting some DF-compatible 4" walls would be great.
  • Wooden lean-to. Great for filling in back alleys.
  • Wood-planked wall inserts for use with normal tudor sets. Would be good to also do a wood shingled roof and half roof, one side could be tudor, other side could be wood. Also great for interiors of larger CBS buildings
  • Advanced roof packs. Half-circle tower roofs that meet up with current CBS roofs. Steep-angled roof that's maybe an inch taller than current roofs to add some height variety. Overhanging fantasy-style roof, that would stick out maybe an inch over only one side. Hip roofs. Half-roofs, but along the other axis compared to the current half roof - more like a shed roof - would allow for saltbox style roofs.
KS1/5
  • Free-standing cast-iron metal grid-like wall, similar to what Elye did for his Kickstarter.
  • Ruined furniture and book shelves
  • Floor pieces with loose stones/missing stone/really cracked stones/impact crater/sitting water pools. Basically floor tiles that can add to a more dilapidated dungeon look
  • More generic dungeon rubble. Seriously, wish there was just a big rubble set. Wood planks mixed in among the rocks would be good on one piece
  • Sloped walls for dungeon level transitions. It'd be cool to place these down on either side of a stair well so there's a wall going from the lower level up to the next one. Make it double the height of a standard wall, or only a triangle piece with some form of small clip that could fit on top of standard KS1 walls.
  • Bunches of candles - lit and not lit. Great for lining dungeon walls or surrounding a summoning circle
  • Ratty cots or beds for prison cells
Barring mines and expanded cavern water sets, I think most of KS2 caverns are covered currently.

I'll probably think of some more. Here's a few sketches of ideas.

Dolken
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Dolken » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:31 am

- A 1 inch Door that opens. One that would fit in the Narrow Dungeon Passage.

Dolken