Simple Idea for KS5

jasdotcom
Orc
Orc

Re: Simple Idea for KS5

Post by jasdotcom » Wed May 24, 2017 12:12 pm

+1 This idea has merit to increase the potential of existing sets/pieces at low cost

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Simple Idea for KS5

Post by lostpict » Wed May 24, 2017 11:21 am

Those are good ideas. I used my KS1 and MBS stuff to figure out my CBS build. Week before last (during the KS4 wait), I built a town mixing CBS with MBS and Woodland sets just to fight off the "almost Christmas" vibe I had going. I need to take some pictures with the KS4 castle now in place.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Warduke
Kobold
Kobold

Simple Idea for KS5

Post by Warduke » Wed May 24, 2017 3:29 am

An easy way to get more mileage out of KS1 and KS3 setups with just a few things.

1. Have a KS3 solid wooden 4x4 floor pack. No stair cutout, no trap door, just the solid floors. Could be sold in packs of 4 or more.
2. Create a KS1 variant of the dungeon wall piece and corner piece. These variants have wooden floors instead of stone.
3. Create a single wooden floor piece (2x2) similar to the piece in the old resin tavern sets but with a wood floor texture that matches the aforementioned pieces.
4. Bonus piece. KS 1 dungeon wall with window but with a wooden floor.

How can these pieces be used?

1. In dungeons we can create basic rooms with wooden floors to give more variance. Very similar to how the old Ogre's Den worked. While the room layouts would be basic, it can create a whole new vibe as long as the layout is rectangular.
2. Allow city builders to create larger/taller structures without nearly as many wasted pieces for the floors needed. I've held off on buying more floors for this exact reason.
3. Using KS1 dungeon pieces for the bottom floors of tudor buildings works great and looks good. It allows people to create more verticality with less city builder pieces while adding a slight variance to the look of a building for better looking city setups. As long as the interiors are not too open this method is just as stable as using all CB pieces. If we can make those use wood floors for variance, all the better.
4. Lastly, for users that will never invest in the CB system (which I am sure there are many), having wooden floors is a nice visual difference for simple town/city setups. It's how most of us rolled when all we had was resin. Single story (usually) without roofs but with some props can still make for a cool looking town/city setup.