Forge and integrated Theme Versatility

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Forge and integrated Theme Versatility

Post by LadySabelle » Mon May 15, 2017 7:28 pm

I never would have gotten the opportunity to sculpt for DF if I hadn't posted pics here of things I've sculpted. And I wouldn't be sculpting at all if it wasn't for the Hirst Arts forums. So I'd like to think that DF's open policy (and HA's) has done some good for the 3D terrain community. It has for me at least... :)
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Mon May 15, 2017 6:38 pm

LordDust wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 4:51 pm
DF is very magnanimous in the way they operate the forums. Very few companies and sites are as open. I have said it before, and I will probably say it again, but thank you Dwarven Forge for operating the forums the way you do. I'm signed up on a number of forums, I rarely post on most and don't regularly read any others. I spend more money with DF than with any single manufacturer, and probably more than most of the others combined. I won't say the forum is the reason, but it is definitely a factor!
I think you are channelling me, Lord D. Amen again.
And I spend waaay more on DwF than on all other mfr combined.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Mon May 15, 2017 4:51 pm

DF is very magnanimous in the way they operate the forums. Very few companies and sites are as open. I have said it before, and I will probably say it again, but thank you Dwarven Forge for operating the forums the way you do. I'm signed up on a number of forums, I rarely post on most and don't regularly read any others. I spend more money with DF than with any single manufacturer, and probably more than most of the others combined. I won't say the forum is the reason, but it is definitely a factor!

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Post by Cody N » Sun May 14, 2017 2:31 pm

By stoping talk and sharing of other products, you also don't find out what your competitors are up to, and what people want.
I have posted other products on here over the years in hopes DF will make them.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sat May 13, 2017 11:47 pm

jchunick wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 2:35 pm
Kryzsko wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 6:35 pm
DF is actually really cool on these forums and allow us to link to other manufacturers, unlike certain other forums. (*cough cough Reaper cough*)
Yep, Reaper is crazy strict other than their KS specific forum.
This is why I don't frequent it. I've read through some threads and thought, "Yup. The mods are taking their 'jobs' a wee bit too seriously - I've seen it happen on a lot of forums." (and who knows, it's likely the rules set out by Reaper that they are supposed to enforce) It's why I've stayed away from a lot of forums until this one. I don't care to be treated like a child, especially by some anonymous twit hiding behind his handle and moderator status. :-)
Amen, Josh.

What's really crazy is that these people apparently think that this will get them more sales. "Moderators, don't let the rubes link to any competitors! Our stuff is so cr**** that we'll never stand a chance if they see DwF/MBS/ whoever..."

...which is what I think when that happens.

When you're the best you don't fear the rest.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat May 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
DF is actually really cool on these forums and allow us to link to other manufacturers, unlike certain other forums. (*cough cough Reaper cough*)
This is why I don't frequent it. I've read through some threads and thought, "Yup. The mods are taking their 'jobs' a wee bit too seriously - I've seen it happen on a lot of forums." (and who knows, it's likely the rules set out by Reaper that they are supposed to enforce) It's why I've stayed away from a lot of forums until this one. I don't care to be treated like a child, especially by some anonymous twit hiding behind his handle and moderator status. :-)
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Post by Cody N » Sat May 13, 2017 12:37 pm

[url]htts://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938 ... escription[/url]

A forge and dwarven theme is just one of many addition sets I would buy. I would like to get the dwarvenforge version of this stuff above.

I didn't pledge for these because I assume it's only a matter of time before df does the same thing x10

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu May 11, 2017 6:35 pm

106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu May 11, 2017 3:59 am

dreamlifter wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 12:59 am
I recently bought a warhammer dwarven army. It specifically had a small, forge oven. I don't have the pic on the internet and posting pics is also new so I hope this works. With the following pic or in your own mind imagine an arched or mantled doorway ( also the large mouth and face doorway from somewhere previous). Alone it could be used as a surround for a current DF single or double doorway (new KS V piece) As well, separate, insert add-ons could be purchased; baker's oven, dwarven forge, apothecary table, library shelves, alter, torture devices or wall with chains. These add-ons could be used with the arch or mantle for greater affect or without the arch or mantle doorway and placed against walls or stand-alone.
[img}https://img0.etsystatic.com/127/0/10431 ... 2_ke23.jpg[/img]

thoughts?
That's a very nice mini forge :)

Personally I prefer DF to concentrate on providing us the generic environments with few themed add-ons. DF excel at the providing us the environments that we can theme as required.
There are many other companies that provide themed items - check out the latest Mantic KS

http://kck.st/2qf7GjE

Hoping I have not violated any rule that prevents me linking non DF items.
I am the Game and I want to Play