Orc
Orc

Re: Forge and integrated Theme Versatility

Post by Talistran » Tue May 16, 2017 11:12 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:52 pm
Talistran wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:24 pm

I've been asking for years and live locally in Utah, so I get to be your first resin cast customer, yes? :)
You're 3rd on the list, I'm afraid. Animesensei is also on the list and he's local too.
Bah, I'll happily take 3rd.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Tue May 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Talistran wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:24 pm

I've been asking for years and live locally in Utah, so I get to be your first resin cast customer, yes? :)
You're 3rd on the list, I'm afraid. Animesensei is also on the list and he's local too.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Tue May 16, 2017 7:24 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 pm
LordDust wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:50 pm

No problem at all, credit where credit is due! Your work is enjoyable. I have been meaning to buy molds, but a lot of my miniature spending has been curbed by life's necessities. Hopefully I will be getting some from both yourself and Mr. Hirst soon. I prefer to buy premade for most things and save the time I have for some painting and making unique set pieces. I think that some forget not everyone has the same needs or lifestyle. I wish I had more time to craft, but if I want enough nice terrain to really game or make dioramas with I would have to take too much time from other things that also need and deserve my attention. I'm glad for the folks whose priorities allow for making tons of cool custom HA stuff to game with, I'm just not one of them for now. Plus I enjoy being able to contribute in small ways through my purchases to the various companies making cool stuff available. We may be part of a pretty niche hobby, but there is still room for quite a bit of variety.
My husband wants me to start offering resin casts of my molds on my website for those who don't have the time or equipment to cast for themselves. He's offered to learn how to do it so I can focus on sculpting new pieces. So once I get something working, I'll be sure to announce it.

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Tue May 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Yay!!!

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 pm

LordDust wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:50 pm

No problem at all, credit where credit is due! Your work is enjoyable. I have been meaning to buy molds, but a lot of my miniature spending has been curbed by life's necessities. Hopefully I will be getting some from both yourself and Mr. Hirst soon. I prefer to buy premade for most things and save the time I have for some painting and making unique set pieces. I think that some forget not everyone has the same needs or lifestyle. I wish I had more time to craft, but if I want enough nice terrain to really game or make dioramas with I would have to take too much time from other things that also need and deserve my attention. I'm glad for the folks whose priorities allow for making tons of cool custom HA stuff to game with, I'm just not one of them for now. Plus I enjoy being able to contribute in small ways through my purchases to the various companies making cool stuff available. We may be part of a pretty niche hobby, but there is still room for quite a bit of variety.
My husband wants me to start offering resin casts of my molds on my website for those who don't have the time or equipment to cast for themselves. He's offered to learn how to do it so I can focus on sculpting new pieces. So once I get something working, I'll be sure to announce it.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue May 16, 2017 5:50 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 3:42 pm
Thank you. And I agree that there are some folks who fervently defend HA above all others. I was one of them, actually. Mostly because I can't use DF for the same things I use HA for... fireworks. But Bruce Hirst commented that he often saw an increase in mold sales during DF KS so he wasn't worried. I've since realized the charm of DF and support both fully.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Tue May 16, 2017 3:42 pm

LordDust wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 3:38 am
I do read the HA forums now and then. There is a part of that crowd that is rather aggressively opposed to premade terrain, which I find a bit off putting. There is quite a bit of wonderful info about techniques and crafting there though, so it is a place I have gone for some ideas now and then. I'm very glad you began posting here, I've enjoyed your work and your "work in progress" shares both.
Thank you. And I agree that there are some folks who fervently defend HA above all others. I was one of them, actually. Mostly because I can't use DF for the same things I use HA for... fireworks. But Bruce Hirst commented that he often saw an increase in mold sales during DF KS so he wasn't worried. I've since realized the charm of DF and support both fully.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue May 16, 2017 3:16 pm

All this talk about "aggressive casters" on the HA forum, sounds like either a random encounter just waiting to happen, or a magico-political conspiracy. Let me check my CR to see if I can handle it...nope, I'll just stay on the DF forums. I am but a lowly orc.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue May 16, 2017 3:38 am

LadySabelle wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 7:28 pm
I never would have gotten the opportunity to sculpt for DF if I hadn't posted pics here of things I've sculpted. And I wouldn't be sculpting at all if it wasn't for the Hirst Arts forums. So I'd like to think that DF's open policy (and HA's) has done some good for the 3D terrain community. It has for me at least... :)
I do read the HA forums now and then. There is a part of that crowd that is rather aggressively opposed to premade terrain, which I find a bit off putting. There is quite a bit of wonderful info about techniques and crafting there though, so it is a place I have gone for some ideas now and then. I'm very glad you began posting here, I've enjoyed your work and your "work in progress" shares both.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon May 15, 2017 11:41 pm

I like to tell myself it was my nudge to get you over here that helped, but that's just me making myself feel better. :) Your work stands on its own.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned