Forge and integrated Theme Versatility

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Forge and integrated Theme Versatility

Post by kodiakbear » Sun May 21, 2017 2:06 am

But to get back to the original topic I would love a simple forge in Dwarvenite.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun May 21, 2017 2:01 am

I visit this forum, a pre-painted plastic miniatures (PPM) forum and the Reaper forum everyday (mostly their KS forum) and I am really happy Reaper allows topics about things that are not Reaper products just like this forum and the PPM forum do, but sometimes reapers mods and rules are a little restrictive and IMO one of their mods is very restrictive. Of course it is their forum so that can do what ever they want but I prefer the increased freedom here.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Sun May 21, 2017 12:48 am

I go over there a lot, mostly the show off area (WOW, AMAZING!!!) and the kickstarter area. I like the forums and there is always something happening there. I can keep up with kickstarters over there pretty well also.

Right now is really an anomaly, with people frustrated by the delivery problems, and REaper's communication the last week especially has been pretty poor, far worse than their usual stellar communication. I love their bi-monthly KS updates even in the doldrums of production overseas.

Apparently something has changed in the shipping but they cannot talk about it, which is leading to worries and speculation. Still it is a msall group that is getting very antsy.

They will have a new KS probably in June (no date announced) so a couple things to drain my wallet next month. I did put in that DF order this morning even though some things were not restocked, so that drained my wallet a bit this month.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Sun May 21, 2017 12:19 am

I have only been over there a few times prior to Bones III and have not been back for no other reason than I like it here. I also think there are a lot more people buying minis over terrain, so there has to be more chances for upset customers. I've always thought that DF is a "DM/GM thing" and minis are for all gamers. So, there's that :?:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat May 20, 2017 11:59 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 11:35 pm
jchunick wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 2:35 pm
Kryzsko wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Yep, Reaper is crazy strict other than their KS specific forum.
This is why I don't frequent it. I've read through some threads and thought, "Yup. The mods are taking their 'jobs' a wee bit too seriously - I've seen it happen on a lot of forums." (and who knows, it's likely the rules set out by Reaper that they are supposed to enforce) It's why I've stayed away from a lot of forums until this one. I don't care to be treated like a child, especially by some anonymous twit hiding behind his handle and moderator status. :-)
Reaper just had some kind of topic kerfuffle flare up on there Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/ ... /&page=248

Now the sad thing is I would have more that likely felt the people who were angry at reaper were going to far and making a mountain out of a mole hill but their mod deleted so many post that I can tell who when to far.

So I posted the below

Reaper is a great company employed by many great people.

I have to be honest and tell you that removing posts just makes it look like you are covering things up.

I really like Reaper but if people are angry and all you do is race in and delete their posts it real just makes it look like you are the problem and not that all Reaper employees are trying hard to do everything they can.

I know Reaper employees are working very hard but now I do not know who was being unreasonable or if you are just gagging people on the forum.  

Just food for thought.

To be honest, when I originally wrote my indictment of the Reaper forums, I was half hoping to be shown to be wrong about the mods over there... I guess not... :-(

Maybe the more those types of situations come up on the forum the more opportunity there will be for someone at Reaper to hear the side of reason and true moderation, and change things there.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat May 20, 2017 11:35 pm

jchunick wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 2:35 pm
Kryzsko wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 6:35 pm
DF is actually really cool on these forums and allow us to link to other manufacturers, unlike certain other forums. (*cough cough Reaper cough*)
Yep, Reaper is crazy strict other than their KS specific forum.
This is why I don't frequent it. I've read through some threads and thought, "Yup. The mods are taking their 'jobs' a wee bit too seriously - I've seen it happen on a lot of forums." (and who knows, it's likely the rules set out by Reaper that they are supposed to enforce) It's why I've stayed away from a lot of forums until this one. I don't care to be treated like a child, especially by some anonymous twit hiding behind his handle and moderator status. :-)
Reaper just had some kind of topic kerfuffle flare up on there Reaper Bones 3: Post-Kickstarter Discussion

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/ ... /&page=248

Now the sad thing is I would have more that likely felt the people who were angry at reaper were going to far and making a mountain out of a mole hill but their mod deleted so many post that I can tell who when to far.

So I posted the below

Reaper is a great company employed by many great people.

I have to be honest and tell you that removing posts just makes it look like you are covering things up.

I really like Reaper but if people are angry and all you do is race in and delete their posts it real just makes it look like you are the problem and not that all Reaper employees are trying hard to do everything they can.

I know Reaper employees are working very hard but now I do not know who was being unreasonable or if you are just gagging people on the forum.  

Just food for thought.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sat May 20, 2017 9:54 am

Big Bada BOOM! :lol:

I was asked a while back to paint shadows of atomic blast destroyed people on a post apocalyptic terrain piece.I made a template and used flat black spray paint. I did not have a camera with me so I do not have photos.How did we get buy without cell phone cameras ? ;)
To paint spell blast damage use a round natural sponge and stamp the blast marks with a charcoal colored paint, highlight with dolphin or rain gray paint. I have painted so much WWII terrain over many years, battle damage takes a very few moments.

Natural sponges can be found at art stores, However, The are cheaper when they are sold as bath sponges.I often cut up dish washing sponges too.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Sat May 20, 2017 9:07 am

Richard 0208 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 am
I love the idea of "spell damaged" pieces of terrain. A huge fireball scorched floor or a partially acid melted wall would look awesome.
Examples of spell damage followed by how I do it. ;) Final pictures are of why I don't do this with resin or dwarvenite.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Alkettory
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alkettory » Sat May 20, 2017 8:03 am

LadySabelle wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 pm
My husband wants me to start offering resin casts of my molds on my website for those who don't have the time or equipment to cast for themselves. He's offered to learn how to do it so I can focus on sculpting new pieces. So once I get something working, I'll be sure to announce it.
Shut up and take my money! :D :D :D

Richard 0208
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Richard 0208 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 am

I love the idea of "spell damaged" pieces of terrain. A huge fireball scorched floor or a partially acid melted wall would look awesome.