complementary items to fit in the KS5 pillar design

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: complementary items to fit in the KS5 pillar design

Post by kodiakbear » Mon May 08, 2017 2:45 am

Oh how I would love a scroll rack full of scrolls that would fit between the pillars.

dreamlifter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by dreamlifter » Mon May 08, 2017 1:47 am

Harneloot wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 5:57 pm
blinky wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:46 pm
Nice images Pacarat.
I'm really after some prepainted bits, I don't have much spare time and I would rather use that to play than paint. I'm currently in the mantic terraincrate, but would pull out of that to put more into the DF KS5 if I new there would be some dressing items (polite request for bookcase bean). I have avoided some Kickstarters, like twisting catacombs, as I thought the DF KS3/4 would provide some bookcases and other small items. I have already got the KS1 & KS3 dressing items. The new KS5 pillar design looks like it would really suit a scholars den with inserted book cases and statues in alcoves etc.
I would be VERY surprised if there was zero dungeon dressing in KS5. I think perhaps the esteemed Lady Sabelle's sculpts may fall under this category? I predict a statue, an altar, a cauldron and a scroll rack!
For a skull rack, should it be designed more like a wine rack/shelf, which could hold little bottles or scrolls?

thebigteacher
Orc
Orc

Post by thebigteacher » Sun May 07, 2017 11:56 pm

This is a great idea.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Sun May 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Harneloot wrote:

I would be VERY surprised if there was zero dungeon dressing in KS5. I think perhaps the esteemed Lady Sabelle's sculpts may fall under this category? I predict a statue, an altar, a cauldron and a scroll rack!
Thank you. Yes, I am sculpting for KS5. And some of it even falls within my usual realm of sculpting. Not all though... so you can let that thought bounce around the speculation machine. Things not dreamt of in your philosophy.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sun May 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Chrome works well for mirrors.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sun May 07, 2017 12:44 pm

How did we miss windows? Easily printed on light card stock, then just cut to fit. If the lack of transparency/visibility is a problem, either frost the glass, or make it stained glass.

Also, big mirrors (foil, silver paint on light card stock, or even a gilded insert).

Finally, print some pictures of places (real or fantasy), cut to fit, and you have portals.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Thu May 04, 2017 11:08 pm

jchunick wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 4:51 pm
actually, it's always good to get the reminder you're an attorney (and don't just play one on TV)... I often forget certain details of individuals who I only know online... I also get internet peeps mixed up all the time, too, across different social media platforms (due to different handles/aliases).
Me, too. Which is why I'll never be a pol. I'd kiss the mother and shake the baby's hand, whilst not recalling either of their names.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS delenda sunt
WeaselWarGod

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu May 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Harneloot wrote:
The altar is in the pics. Maybe some of those free-standing columns were from her as well?

My wish list for decor would be for some sarcophagi/mausoleum type stuff. Floor-standing candelabra or torch holders. Trap indicators or effects.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu May 04, 2017 5:57 pm

blinky wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:46 pm
Nice images Pacarat.
I'm really after some prepainted bits, I don't have much spare time and I would rather use that to play than paint. I'm currently in the mantic terraincrate, but would pull out of that to put more into the DF KS5 if I new there would be some dressing items (polite request for bookcase bean). I have avoided some Kickstarters, like twisting catacombs, as I thought the DF KS3/4 would provide some bookcases and other small items. I have already got the KS1 & KS3 dressing items. The new KS5 pillar design looks like it would really suit a scholars den with inserted book cases and statues in alcoves etc.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Thu May 04, 2017 4:51 pm

actually, it's always good to get the reminder you're an attorney (and don't just play one on TV)... I often forget certain details of individuals who I only know online... I also get internet peeps mixed up all the time, too, across different social media platforms (due to different handles/aliases).
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.