Total votes: 42

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: All pillar design or mixed for KS5?

Post by GODofwar » Wed May 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 3:44 am
We will make the KS1 sets available to order, but nobody will be forced to get them of course! They will probably be an Add an either during the campaign or in the pledge manager....details will reveal themselves...I'm not the numer cruncher...
NOw, if you make KS1 reruns available as a base set the estimated 50% of poll-responders who don't want an all-pillar set option will be satisfied..without changing the molds.

Alles gut.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS delenda sunt
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed May 10, 2017 6:19 pm

koraldon wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:37 pm
Hi
I have created this poll out of interest to see if people prefer ks5 to only include pillar-design or a mixed design together with "plain" walls a la KS1. Since I feel the decision also depends if you already own KS1 sets.
This generated quite a lot of discussion on the bean thread, and I think it deserves its own thread, as well as way to give a heads-up to DF.

This only refers to the base sets compositions (I assume that add-ons might be in different styles a la chamber of sorrows)

Cheers
Thanks, Koraldon. Numbers are helpful.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS delenda sunt
WeaselWarGod

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by koraldon » Mon May 08, 2017 2:33 pm

We will make the KS1 sets available to order, but nobody will be forced to get them of course! They will probably be an Add an either during the campaign or in the pledge manager....details will reveal themselves...I'm not the numer cruncher...
Great to hear, as somebody who doesn't have KS1 at all, I'm put off by the pillar design of the KS5 and prefer the look of KS1.
Excellent to have alternatives and still participate in KS5!

dreamlifter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by dreamlifter » Mon May 08, 2017 9:59 am

As a KS IV newbie, I highly support verbiage!

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Mon May 08, 2017 3:44 am

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:31 pm

I guess I am having a slow week. I am not clear as to the purpose of the poll.

If they opt to include KS1 pieces (as an add-on or pledge level) there is no reason why they couldn't offer a pledge level that includes both KS1 and KS5 pieces... If I were doing it, I would include all the pieces of an existing KS1 type base set as well as all of the pieces from a new KS5 base set... then there is no extra or special assembly or packaging for the KS1 piece sets as it uses existing molds, existing processes, and existing packaging. And the new set uses the process defined for new sets. No extra overhead except at shipping time (grab a box of each for that pledge level).

I realize they need the resources to run additional lines of processing the old style pieces... so there are costs... but they are effectively the cost of a restock run. Or am I missing something?

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Kryzsko, another good question. :!:

At this point at least one complete set. It will depend on what else is offered. I have been collecting from the beginning. I already have more than a lot.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:38 pm

koraldon wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:38 pm
I also don't have any KS1 and with limited budget, not going to invest $$$ in pillar design which is not "generic" enough for me, just so I can later get add-ons in KS1 style.
Best option is just to either have multiple pledge levels (i.e. DF starter - 2 sets KS1; Doom starter - 2 sets of doom; and so on...) or offer the backers the choice to select the style in the pledge manager per set - and in case have the same s.g. to reduce the logistics headache.
Ya, that is my worry. I know if I was in your shoes I would feel the same way. The reason I would like to see the option for KS1 sets is not for me. It is to bring in new blood which is the expressed goal of Stefan. If it were offered I would pick up probably two more KS1 set along with 3 of the new design. If KS1 sets are not offered (as I suspect) then I will just get 3 of the new sets (and add-ons). I just don't feel the need for a full 5 sets of the new style.

Another interesting question would be how many of the new sets are people planning to buy? I wonder this because KS5 sets seem the most attractive as a supplement to KS1 tiles, so will people who bought 10 sets of KS1 buy another 10 sets of KS5, or will they buy 2-3 to "add some variety"?

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:22 pm

In the comments, having KS1 as an add on is suggested.
I think if the poll had a another category that included this that would change the 50/50 split (not the best sample, still biased to exisiting DF fans).

All pillar design (KS1 available as addons during KS5)

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by koraldon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:38 pm

I also don't have any KS1 and with limited budget, not going to invest $$$ in pillar design which is not "generic" enough for me, just so I can later get add-ons in KS1 style.
Best option is just to either have multiple pledge levels (i.e. DF starter - 2 sets KS1; Doom starter - 2 sets of doom; and so on...) or offer the backers the choice to select the style in the pledge manager per set - and in case have the same s.g. to reduce the logistics headache.