A Suggestion for the Kickstarter #5

Kachina
Kobold
Kobold

Re: A Suggestion for the Kickstarter #5

Post by Kachina » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:07 pm

zoroaster100 wrote:A Dwarven Forge set, with not only big forges but also a Dwarven hall reminiscent of Moria from Lord of the Rings, with really big dwarven pillars, and dwarven arches and doorways, and Dwarven king's throne room would be awesome.

And while we are talking about dwarves, how about an Elven tree village or Rivendell type set? And a set for halfling homes with round doors?
Great ideas! Just FYI, there was a forest set released... it was a Limited Edition Woodlands Set and I am thankful that I snagged five of them when I did b/c only 1000 were produced. :D

Titanforgesmith
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Titanforgesmith » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:43 am

The Dwarven Forge Set suggestion with the Dwarven Arches and Doorways...
by zoroaster100 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:30 pm

A Dwarven Forge set, with not only big forges but also a Dwarven hall reminiscent of Moria from Lord of the Rings, with really big dwarven pillars, and dwarven arches and doorways, and Dwarven king's throne room would be awesome.
By my mother's beard! I like that suggestion.

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zoroaster100 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 am

A Dwarven Forge set, with not only big forges but also a Dwarven hall reminiscent of Moria from Lord of the Rings, with really big dwarven pillars, and dwarven arches and doorways, and Dwarven king's throne room would be awesome.

And while we are talking about dwarves, how about an Elven tree village or Rivendell type set? And a set for halfling homes with round doors?

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:59 pm

I'm down with a Dwarven Forge. I have so many dwarf figures, they need a way of crafting!
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:09 pm

I love the sci-fi line and suspect their popularity had more to do with they way they were packaged, what pieces were available, and how they were marketed.

The good news about the proposed market survey is that it let's the vendor understand what current, past, and future customers would like to purchase vice a few folks speculating.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Kachina
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Kachina » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:42 pm

StevenO wrote:I might say I'd like to see a sci-fi/space based theme but I doubt that is a popular idea here. It doesn't help that it wouldn't integrate as well with all of those previous KS packages either although there are places where steel and stone can work together.
I would not be opposed to the idea of having a futuristic sci-fi/space set built, but I doubt it has the potential market share that the more generic sets like lava or ice caverns, sewers, city, and castle have (I could be wrong - but I have seen various other companies fail to generate funding for this on KS, perhaps indicating a lack of interest/advertising). The problem with "future sets" is that (as you said) they do not always integrate well and are "generally" more suited to specific games where their application typically makes more sense (Ex. Warhammer 4oK). Going from an underground cavern or medieval town into an alien spaceship doesn't always work well (for example); unless of course you have a talented GM that can generate a great story. I'd certainly have to think about it for a bit to generate story and make it work...

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:27 pm

StevenO wrote:I might say I'd like to see a sci-fi/space based them but I doubt that is a popular idea here. It doesn't help that it wouldn't integrate as well with all of those previous KS packages either although there are places where steel and stone can work together.
The Sci-Fi sets they already released never sold well; I don't expect them to take a gamble on a product line that didn't sell well. However, with KS they can use it as a preorder system in a sense, so maybe?
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

StevenO
Goblin
Goblin

Post by StevenO » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:13 pm

I might say I'd like to see a sci-fi/space based them but I doubt that is a popular idea here. It doesn't help that it wouldn't integrate as well with all of those previous KS packages either although there are places where steel and stone can work together.

Kachina
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Kachina » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:12 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:Now they just need a Dwarven Set to go with it! :)
:?
That's kind of the whole point of this (To make a Dwarven Forge), the "Dwarven Set" could be released when the forge was introduced.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Now they just need a Dwarven Set to go with it! :)
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned