Cavern Wall Water Tiles

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Cavern Wall Water Tiles

Post by William » Thu May 04, 2017 12:40 am

I refer you back one page ... but with cavern walls.
This was with cavern walls and floors, but why not with dungeon walls and floors too.
Maybe with straighter edges on some and broken floor edges on others.

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewt ... 05#p109605
Post HPIM3571.JPG
Post HPIM3571.JPG (170.61 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Post HPIM3569.JPG
Post HPIM3569.JPG (182.62 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed May 03, 2017 11:24 pm

jackattack wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:55 pm
Another thought for a future KS is cavern walls with painted water bases instead of stone floors.

That would allow layouts forcing parties to swim, improvise rafts, trust DM-provided boats, levitate, or climb (lateral) along the wall.

Straight walls, inside and outside corners, and perhaps a pair of transition pieces where shorelines disappear into sheer rock faces. Variant pieces for variety. Maybe a piece with a crystal or a hanging lantern or some other feature to draw PCs to their doom.

Thoughts?
JackAttack, I love this idea. Having enough would be the problem - these guys are storage hogs unless they easily stack on their side, nested, without damaging the detail.

I do a lot of water caverns.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Thunder
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Thunder » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:25 am

How about a second different set of Blowgun Lizardmen? Hopefully that would appease the holders of the first set that don't want the rest of us to enjoy the models.

Personally, I have never understood the "I have something you don't" cache idea. I am a board game collector (1100+) and have a lot of really rare and hard to find games and would be thrilled if they would all be published again for others to enjoy. I want others to share in the fun I get from playing them. There is no joy for me in denying folks the chance to experience those rare games.

I don't think they are cool because they are scarce, I think they are cool because they are great models and fill a niche. I am not aware of anybody else making figs like them. There is one warhammer fantasy skink model, but the pose is all wrong for a partially submerged fig.

Peace

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:18 pm

iceycat wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:04 pm
10/10 Would buy
Indeed.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:34 pm

There are a lot of creatures I'd love to see adapted to a semi-submerged motif in miniature, but the modding formula is dead simple:

1. Select mini.
2. Cut mini off at desired "depth".
3. Mount upper portion on thin clear plastic base.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks

kitenerd
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kitenerd » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 pm

I wouldn't want to see the original blow pipe lizardman rereleased. It is cool because of its scarcity and that has a cache all its own

I would love to see a set of aquatic combatants that were partially submerged. I think they make for great and unique combat. Additionally it's something that doesn't exist in the world so the market is good beyond the realm of terrain nuts like us.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:33 pm

I would get these in a heartbeat too. That said, I'm a small fish in a big pond of DF collectors, so I'd only get 1 set of them (to go with my 2 sets of water caverns and 1 set of Open water)

Thunder
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Thunder » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:58 pm

I would also buy more water tiles. It would be nice to have some for use with the standard dungeon walls as well, though I do use the sewers walls as a substitute. I would also love to see a return of those awesome lizard men blow gunners that were offered many years ago. I was not around the Dwarven Forge world when they were offered, but a friend has one set.

Peace

Talistran
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Talistran » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:17 pm

I would drop $500+ on JUST water tiles if they created them, and made them to match the sizes of the caverns/CBS instead of being too small.

WhiskeyandPeaches
Goblin
Goblin

Post by WhiskeyandPeaches » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:34 pm

+1

We need much more variety for water scenes and 4x4 in Dwarvenite would be much appreciated.