The PM closed two months ago.

JalanDa
Goblin
Goblin

Re: The PM closed two months ago.

Post by JalanDa » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:03 pm

it seems they dwarven forge crew respond more on the facebook group than on this forum

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:50 am

Jay isn't really a gamer type. He'd be largely lost in most of our conversations on here I would suspect. Stefan is great to chat with, but he isn't much of a computer guy so he is largely on FB since it is simple and fast for him. I do agree that it would be nice to get a bit more pop-in from staff to communicate on the forums here. That has decreased since I started and I think it is unfortunate. I used to check these forums daily. These days I only pop in occasionally. My passion for terrain and minis hasn't declined, but the forums have felt a bit lacking to me since the end of the last KS.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:56 am

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:24 am
When i started on this forum it felt like a collaboration between the company and the fans. It was small and close knit. As Valoria grew and the team got larger, they have interacted less with us.
The nature of Big Kick Starters has something to do with IMO. Since Dwarvenite molds are expensive to make and KS is used as the way to get them made and bigger KS make it more cost effective with a factory. I think Stefan and crew spend a lot of intense time getting ready for a KS and a lot of intense time doing a KS and a lot of intense time checking after the KS. So, they naturally want a vacation from thinking about DF. But we are all here hanging out all year since it is only a pleasure hobby for us but for Stefan and crew so much of it has become WORK. Sure, they still love gaming and great terrain but let’s face it they do have lives and wives that they care about also.

I remember how many of us loved the interaction on sculpts with Stefan in KS1 and KS2 but I remember others outside of the DF forums commenting on how it seemed like Stefan was unprepared and showing things that did not end up being part of the KS.

In short, I miss the interaction, but I do not think I am going to stop enjoying DF and the DF forums if I do not hear from Stefan or others every week.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:15 am

I dunno what I will do with KSVI, but the enthusiasm is not very strong right now. STill a while to go, probably June earliest, I guess.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:41 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:55 am
I would like to see more presence here on the boards and I loved that KS5 was a return to gaming layouts instead of dioramas. I would love KS6 to be caverns and other gaming environments. I do like my CBS, but it just takes so much $ to get anything playable out of it. Same with castles.
+1 to that, for sure.
I went in on KS3 and KS4, but sight unseen I'm SO much happier about my pledge for KS5.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:55 am

I feel it started with KS3; we had a shift from gaming layouts to diorama layouts. We also had more secrecy and surprises at delivery (scalegate in KS3, mismatched dwarvenite colors in KS4). I agree as well.

It got better right before and during KS5 as Stefan and Nate popped in and asked for suggestions. We've had Josh and LS for the past few years as well but I feel as they aren't in the day-to-day of the business they feel they are in a tight spot in certain communications and aspects (see their signatures).

I would like to see more presence here on the boards and I loved that KS5 was a return to gaming layouts instead of dioramas. I would love KS6 to be caverns and other gaming environments. I do like my CBS, but it just takes so much $ to get anything playable out of it. Same with castles.

I also would like information of changes passed on to us before we open the box at delivery. DF is supposed to be the "world's finest dungeon terrain" and I feel mismatched scales/sizes (outside of normal tolerances) and colors (both dwarvenite and paint) are things that for lack of a better word were stupid mistakes. They should have been caught or talked about prior to delivery. It really hurt their reputation for quality, I believe. I know several people who were all for KS1 and KS2 but during KS3 and KS4 were totally uninterested due to the cost, scale, and color issues. All things should be 100% compatible without modification or ignoring faults in my opinion.

I hope KS5 delivers without any surprises, and if it does go smoothly, I hope DF continues onward with the same path they took in KS5.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:41 am

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:24 am
I agree completely with Dice4hire

When i started on this forum it felt like a collaboration between the company and the fans. It was small and close knit. As Valoria grew and the team got larger, they have interacted less with us. The result is that there is a fan base here that has become its own animal and grows ever more distant from those that create the product they all gather to adore.

The feeling has changed - and not for the better
+1

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:24 am

I agree completely with Dice4hire

When i started on this forum it felt like a collaboration between the company and the fans. It was small and close knit. As Valoria grew and the team got larger, they have interacted less with us. The result is that there is a fan base here that has become its own animal and grows ever more distant from those that create the product they all gather to adore.

The feeling has changed - and not for the better
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphyns » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:00 am

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:25 am
While the hoary old adage "no news is good news" is partially true in this case, DF is also pretty good at no news period. In Castles, DF made quite a few changes to pieces, and dwarvenite colors and the first anyone found out was when packages stared being opened. Plus remember Sizegate. That was quite the surprise.
Forgive me, I thought that we were talking about the April shipping date. In that context, I think, no news is good news.

If the question is about communicating about changes to pieces, sizes, coloration, etc. Then, yes, I completely agree that additional communication would be better and that "no news is no news" in that regard.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:46 am

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:25 am
Yes, I know DF has this weird logic/viewpoint about not wanting to bombard people with updates and the like,
I would go so far to say that it is due to personality types.

Stefan is a out going person but not what I would call a chatty Kathy.

Jay could have any kind of personality but my guess would be that he is not an extrovert.

What DF needs is to find a person who knows how to write and is a extrovert and has a intrest in gaming and terrain. Then he/she can create updates, news letters, be here on the forum/facebook/twitter, setup media conections and let the creative people who are not extrovets keep creating. If Stefan, the other artists and Jay are all extrovert than I do not know how they can not be bombarding us with updates.