VALORIA oh VALORIA!

unclebilly
Orc
Orc

Re: I'm just back from Valoria... for real!

Post by unclebilly » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:41 pm

arsthein wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 am
Hi there pals, I'm just back from my holiday trip, to the Cantabria region, north coast of my country. You won't believe the place I discovered there:

You can find it on google maps here:
Valoria on google maps

On a side note, I passed near another Valoria: "Valoria la buena" ("Valoria the good one", hmm... I assume then that the one I went is the evil one? XD). Near this one it seems to be a third one "Valoria del Alcor".

Hope you enjoy it,

Greetings!
LOL that is great !!!

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Re: I'm just back from Valoria... for real!

Post by arsthein » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 am

Hi there pals, I'm just back from my holiday trip, to the Cantabria region, north coast of my country. You won't believe the place I discovered there:

You can find it on google maps here:
Valoria on google maps

On a side note, I passed near another Valoria: "Valoria la buena" ("Valoria the good one", hmm... I assume then that the one I went is the evil one? XD). Near this one it seems to be a third one "Valoria del Alcor".

Hope you enjoy it,

Greetings!

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Re: VALORIA oh VALORIA!

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:23 pm

fstkfstk wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:10 pm
Wait... Valoria is on a lake?!?! My world has been turned upside down. Can't wait for work to be over to start reading!
Used to be a Fertile valley in the days when it was called the City of Valor....some 3000 years gone...then the demons came, and Queen Anuktata called on Phosaidon who brought a Tsunami 🌊 to wash them away...and thus, the Golden Lake was formed:) Valoria was built on the ruins of Valor👹

fstkfstk
Orc
Orc

Post by fstkfstk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Wait... Valoria is on a lake?!?! My world has been turned upside down. Can't wait for work to be over to start reading!
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

kmj9907
Orc
Orc

Post by kmj9907 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Thanks so much for making this available!

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:46 pm
Careful there Elye,
I cannot say the floodgates are opening on "Cameo's" it's my world and not a public "company" Dictatorship more like it...lol👹
No worries Stefan, I don't expect any cameo. I was just wondering about the two named "characters" I asked about in my post on page one of the thread. I would like to get their background to fall somewhere close to your thoughts on the subject. That's all... so I'll just wait for the more detailed "expansions" to come out.
Please don't decapitate any underlings Stefan, we all like Elye. ;) :lol:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Careful there Elye,
I cannot say the floodgates are opening on "Cameo's" it's my world and not a public "company" Dictatorship more like it...lol👹

Laurent T
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Laurent T » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:58 am

@ Elye
I am thrilled and flattered! Great that you plan to have more cameos of fans. So to speak...

GriffinTamer
Orc
Orc

Post by GriffinTamer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:30 am

Thanks guys! Really glad you're enjoying this.

@Laurent T - Glad you noticed, I thought you'd get a kick out of that. There are one or two other familiar Valorian citizens mentioned around the city *cough* William *cough* and others are sure to appear in the planned longer version of the book. ;)

@William - There will definitely be a lot more background on a lot of the characters and outlying regions of Mythras if we get to do the long sourcebook. (I've already written up info on some of the areas beyond the borders of the current Western Mythras map...) And of course all the other districts of the city (including the citizens there) will get a lot more detail. There'll be more on the royal family, members of the mages' guild, street gangs, etc.

With that in mind, it's great to know if anyone has any specific questions that might be answered or areas / characters / groups that might be detailed in the longer book, so we can think about addressing those.

Keep the comments coming! :)

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:46 am

Very kewl source book Stefan.
I can't wait to see what you add and what others do with some of their own ideas here and there.

After reading about the North Coast around the Isles of None and close to where you added that basalt coastal inlet west of Fort Grimm, I think I'll have to create something for that area. Using the pirates, sea creatures, wyverns, gnome submariners, marauding goblin bands and Valorian rangers will give me plenty to work with. I could even move inward past Goblin Pass to Dor-Brael and introduce some hearty northern dwarves that have tunneled west.

Will we see more info you have in mind about specific places, areas and/or even the legends like Commander Garrett Grimm the Valoian Ranger and Theus Clove? That way anything we all come up with might be in-line with your hopes for the future and past endeavors.

Thanks again, this is very exciting to contemplate actually filling in some of the lore and characters for different areas we want to utilize in our own games. You have let us in on so much here, it is a great starting point for a world or if we just want to use a small area. WooHoo... :D You Rock The Free World of Mythras
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )