Re: Counting down to Launch Day

Post by jchunick » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:34 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:20 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:42 pm
oddbender wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:05 pm
If they were to delay KS5 too long then it effects KS5 delivery, and KS6 launch/delivery, and so on.
I know I really want them to get the KSs back on the old schedule.
Me too. That is why I was hoping for a simpl;e KS this time around so they could start tooling now, or already. But from the teasers including people saying new things are coming, it is looking like this KS will be very complicated with lots of new pieces.
It's been stated somewhere before, so I'll just reiterate that KS5 is in a much better position and further along than KS4 was, partly due to the reduction in scope that KS4 was due to the enormity of castles. In fact, this upcoming KS will not even be anywhere close to as complex as KS4 was.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:20 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:42 pm
oddbender wrote:
If they were to delay KS5 too long then it effects KS5 delivery, and KS6 launch/delivery, and so on.
Me too. That is why I was hoping for a simpl;e KS this time around so they could start tooling now, or already. But from the teasers including people saying new things are coming, it is looking like this KS will be very complicated with lots of new pieces.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:42 pm

oddbender wrote:

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:24 pm

I feel like I know enough about KSV that I need no more hints or teasers.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:14 pm

93x74R wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:40 pm
The forum has been dead so I assume everyone has given up on speculation and are just waiting for the real products, pictures and pricing.
I think a lot of us are opening boxes, pulling off plastic sleeves and playing around with our KS IV stuff.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:05 pm

We know KS4 will deliver, we know KS5 will eventually launch and deliver, and so on, hopefully, for as many kickstarters as DF can manage. The sad part is that this is really just a matter of logistics. If they were to delay KS5 too long then it effects KS5 delivery, and KS6 launch/delivery, and so on. The emotions of backers not receiving their pledges (yet), and the emotions of backers waiting for the next kickstarter to begin (soon). Either way someone will be dissatisfied. I'm sure they want to give us what we want; however, DF has to do what makes the most sense to them, even when it'll make some of us unhappy. It's nothing personal.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:47 pm

kraegar wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:48 pm
I've been a day 1 backer of the last 3, and a mid-point backer (as soon as I heard about it) for the first Kickstarter. I must say, I'll be disappointed to see KS5 launching before I've even gotten my items from the last kickstarter. I understand things were delayed, but it really kills my enthusiasm to have them asking us to buy more when we haven't even gotten our last shipment yet. (And this is as a day 1 backer in the US... I can't imagine how many others are in the same boat).
There are probably some people who have a similar sentiment; certainly not those who are veteran Kickstarter backers. Take CMON who produces a pile of board games (including Zombicide) and other stuff through Kickstarter campaigns. Their model involves starting a new KS before their previous one(s) have even come close to fulfilling... it doesn't seem to be an issue with backers because they tend to be reliable in their fulfillment, which is no different than DF, in that regard.
Last edited by jchunick on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:02 pm

lostpict wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:59 pm
I wonder if DF KSers would like that approach.
Please NO!

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:59 pm

I have been fortunate with KS3 & KS4 to receive my stuff early in the queue.

I was in one KS, where the reward deliveries were spread across 4 Waves (with early and regular deliveries in each Wave). There was a price differential between Waves (i.e. Wave 1 Early was most costly and Wave 4 Regular was least costly) and the deal was that nothing would ship to the next Wave until the previous Wave (which cost more) was delivered. A bit like buying premium sitting on an airplane. I wonder if DF KSers would like that approach. OBTW, this KS was every bit as complicated as a DF kickstarter in terms of product offerings.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:59 pm

kraegar wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:48 pm
I've been a day 1 backer of the last 3, and a mid-point backer (as soon as I heard about it) for the first Kickstarter. I must say, I'll be disappointed to see KS5 launching before I've even gotten my items from the last kickstarter. I understand things were delayed, but it really kills my enthusiasm to have them asking us to buy more when we haven't even gotten our last shipment yet. (And this is as a day 1 backer in the US... I can't imagine how many others are in the same boat).

I understand what you are saying but I will be a day one backer for KS5 based on the pictures of KS5 items I have seen so far. I know I will get my KS4 items someday weep sob weep someday. :cry: