Counting down to Launch Day

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Counting down to Launch Day

Post by bernyleung » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:10 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:18 pm
i like you berny you are a consistant voice of reason - thanks for what you add to the dialogue
Right back at you, kitenerd. What a great group of addicts to be trapped with during this ride!

I should start making mostly unreasonable comments from now on, just to get back to the True Neutral area of the alignment spectrum....

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:27 pm

#59 here. I was on at the second it opened but on my ipad, it seemed to take a bit longer than normal to confirm my pledge. I guess because 58 others were doing it simultaneously. So far, I am extremely happy with this KS, particularly those circular walls and half floor tiles. I am already wondering if I can make a large tower floor with those.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:18 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:23 pm
because as we know backer number has nothing to do with fulfilment order. It actually doesn't have anything to do with anything, except bragging rights
yeah.. did i mention i am number 9??? ;)

i like you berny you are a consistant voice of reason - thanks for what you add to the dialogue

The front page is (as always) HUGE and there is a lot to take in - I love the new format - lots of temptation, but i really don't feel the need to have it all - LOVE the small easy to afford add ons ($23 double door with 5 different inserts... i am talking about YOU!) and i am confident that more will come... all that remains is to decide which encounters to splurge for and which add ons to get so you don't miss the signature piece of the encounter pack

I feel like this is the most fun to watch and shop of all the kickstarters
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:23 pm

The only reason I was #442 was that I waited a half-hour to open the KS page for a first look (just in case there was a pledging frenzy and the website was crashing every minute). And then I actually *watched* the intro video followed by *reading* all the minutiae about the Encounter levels, stretch goals, etc. so I actually *understood* what I was going to do based on what was presented initially and what was predictably going to happen in the near future. I wasn't worried about getting the numbers in because as we know backer number has nothing to do with fulfilment order. It actually doesn't have anything to do with anything, except bragging rights, and there's no real capital in that.

Meanwhile, the KS Comments (and in some case, the Forums) literally exploded with posts regarding all the confusion about the KS, how horribly expensive it was, how the stretch goals worked, etc. I blame our current "instant gratification" culture.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:12 pm

I have a good excuse though, I was at work... ;-)

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:19 am

#139 for me.

I am still not sure how I got #53 for castles.
I did not think the two birds and a squirrel that is the internet in Kodiak could move that fast.

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:04 am

# 28, my best so far

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:56 am

#11 I tried hard
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 am

It's also a cool Oldsmobile with a nice big engine. Ask Sandra Bullock. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:34 am

#442 here. As I mentioned on the KS page, if you read out loud the numbers in Cantonese, you get something that roughly translates to "death, death, easy". Which is the state of my credit score after making my base pledge.