KS5 Teaser Photo

GX.Sigma
Goblin
Goblin

Re: KS5 Teaser Photo

Post by GX.Sigma » Wed May 17, 2017 4:15 pm

William wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 2:09 pm
I think this picture verifies ForestZ and my guess.
Notice the "L" piece in this photo, it has the red floor on top.

inside corner.jpg
Hmm, I see rounded stairs in that pic. So that's 5 pieces:

Straight stair
Outside corner stair (square)
Outside corner stair (round)
Inside corner stair
Red platform (aka half elevation block)
AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:12 pm
I also think the 2x2 red floors will be 2 floors high so they can be pseudo-elevation blocks. Put a normal floor on them and they are no longer themed and are the same height as the new dungeon elevation block but slightly more versatile. They also match the stair height that way, which they need to do if it's a whole matching set.
To me, it looks like the red platforms are exactly half the height of the elevation block.

On the KS1 walls, there are 6 rows of bricks between the top of the floor and the top of the wall. You can see from the bean photo that the elevation block is 6 bricks tall, and the stairs and red floors are 3 bricks tall. So the pyramid (made from 2 layers of stair pieces) should be the same height as the elevation block.

KS1 floors are less than 2 bricks tall, so that wouldn't fit into this design.

What do you mean by "more versatile," though? These red floors are a totally unique size, so I don't see why it's a problem that they have a different design?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed May 17, 2017 3:12 pm

If so that makes me sad as I would rather have an vanilla version so I could use it in more areas and not require the red floor on top. Truthfully I would hope it's a 1x1 piece that can be used wherever.

Noticing the top of the stair pyramid has the red floor makes me think the "advanced stairs" or whatever they will be called will be themed, which makes me kind of sad. Happy we have them, sad they aren't as thematically versatile as I'd like.

I also think the 2x2 red floors will be 2 floors high so they can be pseudo-elevation blocks. Put a normal floor on them and they are no longer themed and are the same height as the new dungeon elevation block but slightly more versatile. They also match the stair height that way, which they need to do if it's a whole matching set.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Wed May 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Definitely more stable (although more costly) if it's a big chunky "L" stair as you suspect. And actually, 4 of those used together would make for some interesting geometry.

So I hope you're right! :lol:

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Wed May 17, 2017 2:09 pm

I think this picture verifies ForestZ and my guess.
Notice the "L" piece in this photo, it has the red floor on top.
inside corner.jpg
inside corner.jpg (71.97 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Wed May 17, 2017 1:41 pm

I don't think it's an adapter, for 2 reasons: 1) it would also probably require a new 1" wide stair pieces, as the standard shown in that image clearly looks like a 2" wide stair case. 2) you'll see the 2" wide stair case pieces has 4 "blocks" on the top step, 2 per inch. It stands to reason that if there *were* a 1" wide stair piece, it would have 2 full blocks. But you'll notice that inside corner piece has a small block on the corner and 2 wider blocks on either side, much like the outside corner pieces do at the top.

I think it's a standalone inside corner.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Wed May 17, 2017 1:37 pm

After looking at the large version, I'm convinced the stairs are 4 steps high and there are 3 types (straight, convex corner and concave corner) not a filler piece with a stepped bottom. That would be fiddly. Notice in the cropped section the tops of the convex corners are square shown with red arrows. The top of the concave piece is 'L' shaped.
insid corner.jpg
insid corner.jpg (201.88 KiB) Viewed 1563 times
Then I think there are square topped platforms at the height of the top stair. Just a smaller elevation block.
Hopefully the two stacked are the height of a standard wall when sitting on the floors. My take on them. ;)
Last edited by William on Wed May 17, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed May 17, 2017 1:30 pm

As I look at the picture closer, I really think it's an adapter. I think she meant an outside stair, and inside stair adapter, and a straight 2x2 stair. LS?
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed May 17, 2017 1:27 pm

William wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm
Probably not, if it's a straight trade. But, I would like to mold this stuff and make copies if that were to happen. The clay pieces are very fragile and would feel bad getting rid of the originals. I've never made molds and with my current situation with house and cars falling apart I probably won't get to that for quite some time. We're looking at so many extra expenses this year, there is a good chance I will have to pass on the DF KS this year. I'm bummed because I really like much of what has been revealed. Variety is the spice of life you know.
Oh well, I'll still be rooting on the fun storm here on the forum. :)
I feel your pain. That was essentially my situation last year: cars, the house, and more needing money for repairs. I managed to sneak in one little tower, so there was that small victory. This time I hope to be able to do much better during the KS. Now I just need to find some income I can direct at making up for lost opportunity on KS4 when it hits the store. Keep on keeping on, the mighty universe cares not for our plans! lol

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Wed May 17, 2017 1:23 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 1:07 pm
I think the inside corner stair is really just an adapter to create an inside corner; it fits on top of the stairs with knotwork border and next to the corner outside stair piece..
But the good Lady Sabelle has stated unequivocally that there are inside corner stairs and outside corner stairs and straight stairs. Or did I misinterpret?

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 am
William those really cool!!!
Perhaps you could make more and trade them for dwarvite? (I am interested). Would that count as income?
Probably not, if it's a straight trade. But, I would like to mold this stuff and make copies if that were to happen. The clay pieces are very fragile and would feel bad getting rid of the originals. I've never made molds and with my current situation with house and cars falling apart I probably won't get to that for quite some time. We're looking at so many extra expenses this year, there is a good chance I will have to pass on the DF KS this year. I'm bummed because I really like much of what has been revealed. Variety is the spice of life you know.
Oh well, I'll still be rooting on the fun storm here on the forum. :)