Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS5 Teaser Photo

Post by Oldent » Wed May 17, 2017 5:55 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 5:44 pm
natetaylor wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:43 pm
Here's a new teaser photo for you guys, before it goes out to social media.

Hope you're getting as excited as we are.

Now, start speculating away...

Nate, I didn't know any school offered a PhD is sadism.

Very cool.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
The Witch King will be very happy!

BOOHAHAHAHA :!: :!: :!:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed May 17, 2017 5:53 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 5:19 pm
I'm not concerned about the color of the red, my sadness comes from if I want to uses these in a build that ONLY uses one of the stair pieces (for whatever reason), it will look odd. "Why is that red part there, Mr. DM?" I would prefer variant paint schemes as an add-on with a vanilla version also available as the stairs are universally applicable to so many environments.

And I don't repaint my pieces just in case I ever want/need to sell them. I want them stock. I'm weird.
Thus the beauty of DF offering everything unpainted too! :D

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed May 17, 2017 5:52 pm

double post please delete (but don't subtract from my post count!) 8-)
Last edited by Harneloot on Wed May 17, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed May 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 am
William those really cool!!!

Perhaps you could make more and trade them for dwarvite? (I am interested). Would that count as income?
That's a great question...for a tax attorney or CPA! As Einstein said when asked why the premier mathematical genius of his age paid to have his taxes done, "Taxes are not mathematics; taxes require a philospher."

PROBABLY a straight trade would result in zero income since presumably equal value was gained and lost.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed May 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Arcarius2001 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:47 pm
unclebilly wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:15 pm
Doom to my wallet !!!!!!!!!!!
"Sigh", yeah, here we go again.....
If I had a better Wisdom score I might be able to resist! But it looks pretty hopeless already.
Dooooooooooom!!!!
You can always try the patented Weasel CDO method, detailed elsewhere...

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed May 17, 2017 5:47 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:17 pm
Good catch, pacarat. The picture doesn't show the corner piece very clearly does it. Maybe the great Beankeeper will toss one out later that shows it off a bit more.
<snif> I guessed the corner pillar with the elaborate sculpture was Lady Sabelle on first glance...and I 'm not changing my story.

I hope that quarter pillar is a stretch goal. Want.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed May 17, 2017 5:44 pm

natetaylor wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 7:43 pm
Here's a new teaser photo for you guys, before it goes out to social media.

Hope you're getting as excited as we are.

Now, start speculating away...

Nate, I didn't know any school offered a PhD is sadism.

Very cool.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed May 17, 2017 5:19 pm

I'm not concerned about the color of the red, my sadness comes from if I want to uses these in a build that ONLY uses one of the stair pieces (for whatever reason), it will look odd. "Why is that red part there, Mr. DM?" I would prefer variant paint schemes as an add-on with a vanilla version also available as the stairs are universally applicable to so many environments.

And I don't repaint my pieces just in case I ever want/need to sell them. I want them stock. I'm weird.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Wed May 17, 2017 5:10 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:12 pm
If so that makes me sad as I would rather have an vanilla version so I could use it in more areas and not require the red floor on top. Truthfully I would hope it's a 1x1 piece that can be used wherever.

Noticing the top of the stair pyramid has the red floor makes me think the "advanced stairs" or whatever they will be called will be themed, which makes me kind of sad. Happy we have them, sad they aren't as thematically versatile as I'd like.

I also think the 2x2 red floors will be 2 floors high so they can be pseudo-elevation blocks. Put a normal floor on them and they are no longer themed and are the same height as the new dungeon elevation block but slightly more versatile. They also match the stair height that way, which they need to do if it's a whole matching set.
As with the red pillars, it should be fairly easy to repaint the red parts for a more neutral color if that's what you want. Since I have some painted prototypes, I can say that the red doesn't stand out as much in person as it does in the photos. It's a very earthy red. Also, the more you look at them the better the color looks.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Wed May 17, 2017 4:56 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 1:23 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 1:07 pm
I think the inside corner stair is really just an adapter to create an inside corner; it fits on top of the stairs with knotwork border and next to the corner outside stair piece..
But the good Lady Sabelle has stated unequivocally that there are inside corner stairs and outside corner stairs and straight stairs. Or did I misinterpret?
Since I didn't sculpt the stairs and I haven't seen more than the same pictures that everyone else has... you can't take my statements as coming from DF unless I preface my posts with that. (I guess I need to add the same signature to my posts that Josh has.) However, based on the slight color variations in the stairs, I think it's safe to say that the inside corner is a single 2x2 piece. If you open the picture in a new tab you can zoom in quite close and make out most of the details. (also helps to have a 32" screen)
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/