What's your budget for KS5?

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Re: What's your budget for KS5?

Post by 93x74R » Fri May 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Damn. The spear traps, flame traps, blade traps and rolling boulder traps all lead to the penury trap. I just hope they are all in the same set.

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Fri May 19, 2017 2:55 pm

IMG_3316.JPG
From Facebook Page
IMG_3316.JPG (108.69 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Facebook states start is June 11 - gotta start working OT now!

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu May 18, 2017 7:06 am

GODofwar wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 2:20 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 10:48 am
.....freeform Jazz session where we just make stories up :D

Hoping we wont get the vitriolic moaning on the KS forum during the slow middle weeks. Was shocked how negative it got in the KS4. But I have to remind myself that the internet is for a minority of keyboard warriors to vent their lifes frustrations.

So having said all that - I am not sure if KS5 is for me, but it certainly looking good and I know it has got all you RPG'ers and Dungeoneers excited which is cool to see :)
Trying to feel relaxed about how I can maybe pledge for an add-on or two and just enjoy the ride.
But I got a sinking feeling that DF and you lot are gonna sweep me up in Dungeon of Doom frenzy and doom my wallet .... again!
1-Freeform Jazz session? Tha could be a wargame or RPG? Now THAT sounds schizophrenic.

2-Yah, things got so nasty I organized the KS Patrol, as some may recall...when I posted that suggestion I got a polite note from a Trog suggesting I was over-reacting...followed a few days later by another polite note apologizing for having underestimated the potential nastiness of online personalities! Hoot!
Agree, 'Burner. Lets try to stay positive. I"m positive there will be problems. I'm positive Stefan, Nate, Suzy et al will fix 'em.

3-Ummmm..sounds tome like you're already resigned to KS5 being for you too, Rabbit Burner...

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
1- myself and the kids just make up a story using whatever terrain I have on the table and whatever figures they want, no rules other than no physical contact between minis ;)
Some favourites include 'hunt for Malcadors Kebab', 'Where's my Trukk' and 'so then he said...'. Accents are a mandatory, though my daughter can only do one.

2. Gonna stay positive and will just be spamming repeated posts of 'In DF I trust'

3. yeah pretty much ....damn!
I am the Game and I want to Play

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed May 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 10:48 am
.....freeform Jazz session where we just make stories up :D

Hoping we wont get the vitriolic moaning on the KS forum during the slow middle weeks. Was shocked how negative it got in the KS4. But I have to remind myself that the internet is for a minority of keyboard warriors to vent their lifes frustrations.

So having said all that - I am not sure if KS5 is for me, but it certainly looking good and I know it has got all you RPG'ers and Dungeoneers excited which is cool to see :)
Trying to feel relaxed about how I can maybe pledge for an add-on or two and just enjoy the ride.
But I got a sinking feeling that DF and you lot are gonna sweep me up in Dungeon of Doom frenzy and doom my wallet .... again!
1-Freeform Jazz session? Tha could be a wargame or RPG? Now THAT sounds schizophrenic.

2-Yah, things got so nasty I organized the KS Patrol, as some may recall...when I posted that suggestion I got a polite note from a Trog suggesting I was over-reacting...followed a few days later by another polite note apologizing for having underestimated the potential nastiness of online personalities! Hoot!
Agree, 'Burner. Lets try to stay positive. I"m positive there will be problems. I'm positive Stefan, Nate, Suzy et al will fix 'em.

3-Ummmm..sounds tome like you're already resigned to KS5 being for you too, Rabbit Burner...

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed May 17, 2017 2:15 pm

William wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 11:22 pm
Unless you are schizophrenic too? Then OCD works just fine...
I say nuffink.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Wed May 17, 2017 1:40 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 1:08 pm
Maybe this stuff should be available only by prescription.
Love it. :lol:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Wed May 17, 2017 1:08 pm

geekjeff wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 4:57 pm
I would say there should be a 12 step list to Dwarven Forge fandom, but c'mon who are we kidding?
We are only kidding ourselves, geekjeff. We are only kidding ourselves. *sigh*

Maybe we should call ourselves DFholics Unanonymous. Or DFholics Unanimous. Whatever. Maybe this stuff should be available only by prescription.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed May 17, 2017 12:40 pm

I do not put toys on credit cards.I would not have been able to retire if I did. .... I have saved a reasonable amount for this year but that will be reduced by Green Tide at the end of this month. I will be in for everything. No telling how much that will be.At least the toy budget will have time to recover for Ice and Fire.
If the DF kickstarter ends in the same month as Green Tide the DF budget will take the hit.

Reposted from the other thread.

My big budget concern was Ice and Fire. Buying large armies at one go can cost a chunk. They will be lucky to be ready anytime soon. The Miniatures are very nice. The rules are "truly and sincerely" not ready.The rules really don't matter much as serious war games will use another system anyway. Green Tide starts the 30th of this month. MBA pending KS is on Hold too. There will be a MBA US sourced kickstarter for modern 28mm shortly. The China source is over booked and will not admit to it. Massive Darkness, I can not talk about yet. ;) If all goes well it will be here earlier than rumored.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Wed May 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Just embrace your doom Rabbit Burner! It was 5th Ed D&D and DF that got me back into fantasy RPG after a decades long hiatus. The combination is irresistible.

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed May 17, 2017 10:48 am

I look at what wargaming scenarios I can play out using the terrain on offer, whether that is a competitive wargame or a storyboarded narrative wargame or a freeform Jazz session where we just make stories up :D

Love those Steps geekjeff :D and Williams The Forum Help Thread ! that should be a sticky in the KS forum or the very least on the Campaign page

And I have come to realise - 'In DF I Trust'.
So I smile - life could be so much worse than worrying if you are getting enough 'free stuff!'.

I am the Game and I want to Play