Castle Builds

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Re: Castle Builds

Post by Dwarf » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:14 am

Thanks for the praise guys, I really appreciate it. I just finished writing a list of Castle sets I need to pick up. In the process of painting I really was fed up with it after like 2 months in. But now, after all is done I feel somehow empty and sad it is. I could pick up anything else for painting (and believe me when I say I got tons left to do), but somehow the drive is missing.
This weekend though, I will attend Europe's biggest gaming fair in Essen and after seeing what damage will be done to the wallet, I will plan my next castle order. It was on this gaming fair by the way more than a decade ago that I started with the DF madness for real and bought the presented mega dungeon from the DF booth right there and then. Sadly, Stefan never went there again. I guess it must have been not worth it for them.

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:07 am

Awesome build both castle and minis. Fabulous Job Dwarf loving the narrative too.

Got one of those Arkanaut Ironclads on my radar as a looted vehicle for our Orks :D
I am the Game and I want to Play

bernyleung
Ogre
Ogre

Post by bernyleung » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:05 am

Awesome!

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:58 am

I love the paint!
The flying steampunk dwarves are soooo cool!
Great photos!

unclebilly
Orc
Orc

Post by unclebilly » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:29 am

Well done.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:46 am

WOW! :shock:

That is beautiful and more than worthy of the title Grand Citadel! Love the extra wall that divides the courtyard into inner and outer (bailey?). Seriously well done Dwarf!!!

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:38 am

For 3 and a half months I have been painting this beast and finally I can show you the result. Though it took so long to paint everything, I like the fact that now everything matches itself and has the same color scheme. In all this time it took around 1-2 hours nearly every day with some days several hours. This is what I keep telling people. Every brush stroke counts and brings you closer to the finished dream.
Castle small pic 1.jpg
Castle small pic 1.jpg (108.56 KiB) Viewed 551 times
I have been looking forward to showing off my Flying Steampunk Dwarves called Kharadron Overlords by Games Workshop. They have the minds of Ferengi and are very shrewd traders, hauling stuff all over the eight Mortal Realms.
Castle small pic 3.jpg
Castle small pic 3.jpg (85.67 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Castle small pic 2.jpg
Castle small pic 2.jpg (112.88 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Those attacking are the Ironjawz Orruks, who learned how to blacksmith from the humans but never understood the concept of a forge but simply smash the metal plates into form with their bare fists!!!

Castel small 4.jpg
Castel small 4.jpg (107.2 KiB) Viewed 551 times
In order to power their ships and their weapons the Kharadron (who also live in so-called skyports) farm and transform aether-gold by some alchemistical means into something useable. This substance can be found in the skies of all the 8 Mortal Realms and is a toxic gas. For this reason they wear these self-made suits.

Caslte small 5.jpg
Caslte small 5.jpg (106.09 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Caslte small 5.jpg
Caslte small 5.jpg (106.09 KiB) Viewed 551 times
In the background you can barely see the Orruk Gore-gruntas. Gruntas are huge, bad-tempered and always hungry beasts. An orruk who wants to ride one needs to "smith" their metal armor with their bare hands onto those foul-smelling beasts. Unnecessary to mention that sometimes either the Orruk or the Grunta doesn't survive the ordeal.
Castle small 6.jpg
Castle small 6.jpg (112.45 KiB) Viewed 551 times
The big Orruk on top of that huge beast is the Orruk Megaboss of the intruders by the way. He is the meanest and strongest and probably blessed by Gorkamorka (the Orruk God). If you were afraid of the Gruntas the beast he is riding is called Mawcrusha...
I wonder why?
Castle small 7.jpg
Castle small 7.jpg (83.14 KiB) Viewed 551 times
The one on the left is Brokk Grungsson, Lord Magnate of Barak-Nar. A well-known and quite successful trader here is was brought into the fight through a very old contract with the owner of this castle. Of course he will make sure that the losses are acceptable.
Castle small 8.jpg
Castle small 8.jpg (86.15 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Orruks brought a Shaman... That always bodes ill for, well, actually everyone.
Castle small 9.jpg
Castle small 9.jpg (83.96 KiB) Viewed 551 times
This picture is quite fuzzy. I bet this is due to the Aetheric Navigator since he is taking a look at the barometric swirl and electro-aetheric whirls shortly before influencing the winds to his favour. Some one very handy to have on board of a sky vessel.
Castle small 10.jpg
Castle small 10.jpg (98.3 KiB) Viewed 551 times
A Warchanter on the other hand will use anything in range as an instrument to whip all Orruks into a frenzy. Anything will be used: bones, pieces of wood, and the faces of those nearby. He is constantly hearing the noises of war in his head and firmly believes that everything can be used as a drum.
Castle small 11.jpg
Castle small 11.jpg (77.77 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Who will finally win?

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:23 am

ChicagoBart wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 2:50 am
Figured I would start a thread for folks to post their castles, keeps and alternate builds.

I'll get us started with a little shell keep I was playing around with tonight. Or perhaps it's a protected library? Or some sort of temple? Made with mostly Castle Builder, minimal props and the Streets and Alleys.

What happened to all your photos?

I went back to show them to a friend and they dont show up anymore. :-(

If copy/paste the url of an image it says the url has expired.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:49 am

Fantastic conclusion to an epic saga!
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 pm