Thrones?

AstroCat
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Thrones?

Post by AstroCat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Looks like no Thrones in the re-order... hmmm ... still would love to get the 2 KS4 thrones. At least I got a couple of the KS5 ones coming.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:37 pm

For KS4 I sculpted the 3 throne designs. Only the 2 made it in so I figured that the 3rd would be lost with all the other items I've sculpted. Then DF threw it in to Zaltar's game room along with the mini dungeon! I was so happy!

I'm right there with all of you in wanting the ability to buy a bunch of them without the need to get more of all the other pieces. There is likely a compelling, financial reason they had to package things the way they did. I'm not there in Valoria to pester Jay for those reasons, and my nerd-avarice doesn't to want to hear them anyway. It could be worse... DF could be doing blind boxes for the accessory bits!
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

bernyleung
Ogre
Ogre

Post by bernyleung » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 am
Perhaps they could come up with a game where you could win a Throne, perhaps run it weekly, it could the reward for the best short story involving dwarfs, wights, BFO wolves, hounds, dragons, snakes, patricide, resurrection, faces, spiders, digits, zombies, mountains, eunuchs, queens, sacrifice, thorns, ignorance, dogs, poison, castles, incest, suicide, tri-ocular birds, fish, swords, kings, illegitimates, banks, companies, some greenshit, maybe a huge wall of ice and a drowned god maybe. But no rabbits.

Hmmmmm but what to call it .........????
Damned if I didn't laugh out loud!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Obviously Throne of Games. ...right?

King.of.the.Nerds.S01E07[1].jpg
King.of.the.Nerds.S01E07[1].jpg (47.67 KiB) Viewed 589 times
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 am

Perhaps they could come up with a game where you could win a Throne, perhaps run it weekly, it could the reward for the best short story involving dwarfs, wights, BFO wolves, hounds, dragons, snakes, patricide, resurrection, faces, spiders, digits, zombies, mountains, eunuchs, queens, sacrifice, thorns, ignorance, dogs, poison, castles, incest, suicide, tri-ocular birds, fish, swords, kings, illegitimates, banks, companies, some greenshit, maybe a huge wall of ice and a drowned god maybe. But no rabbits.

Hmmmmm but what to call it .........????
I am the Game and I want to Play

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:52 am

I think LS sculpted the throne, maybe she has some additional insight?
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:47 am

I, along with others, asked for Throne Packs many, many times during the campaign, and our request was ignored.

Nate had hinted that they wanted to get thrones into everyone's hands, but I think an executive decision got made somewhere to keep thrones "exclusive" to the Megabuyers buying the Megapacks. Soured me on the campaign dynamics a lot.

They really bolluxed the KS4 campaign all the way through from lack of preparation (basic graphics and other simple things couldn't be finished before starting a KS campaign??); poor initial offerings, explanations, and communication; and, despite an improved later campaign, some post-campaign piece issues that have yet to be addressed fully because of KS5. Lack of decent piece inventory in the web store doesn't help matters.

They have done such an immensely better job on KS5 so far. :) Looking forward to the new dungeon possibilities.

Still hoping they can offer throne/crest theme packs someday. Zaltar's throne in KS5 is a small bone they are throwing our way, but only one design, and the KS4 thrones look really great.
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

AstroCat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by AstroCat » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:06 am

Thrones and Crests flavor set sounds like a 100% win to me. I'd buy that right away!

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:54 pm

Whelp, in the event that someone is sitting on a surplus of thrones (or DF has too many and this motivates a smaller set that includes thrones)...I'd also love to get one of each throne! :D

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:50 pm

I would like those too.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com