Mountains

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Mountains

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 pm

That's true !
I currently work on my website to update the DF section about ks4 & 5 sets and I realize many things fall into the pit of the forgotten. We need to know those "out of stock" products.
Okay marketing blah blah blah it isn't serious to show "out of stock products", what image we have there blah blah blah marketing religion blah blah blah
But hey ! How people can guess DF does special towers, bridges and mountains ?
You're right !
Potential customers went here, didn't see what they wanted and bought something else instead of saying "ah okay I wait for it".

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:56 am

I would like to see three categories, Painted, Unpainted and Out of Stock, or some such so people can see what could be coming back. Right now a new DFer would have no idea mountains even exist from looking at the web store.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:18 am

Harneloot wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:32 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:57 pm
Harneloot wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:36 am
Are they hiding the mountain sets in the store somewhere? After seeing these pictures I think I might need more but cannot find them listed anywhere...
They sold out.

Because they did not realize how awesome outdoor terrain is. IMO
And so they hid them from all eyes by deleting their entry from the store? I will never understand the logic behind that choice. :?
I expect that once they get more in stock next year and redo the store, the pics will be there and will stay even when out of stock. DF seams to run the store categorization different for just fulfilled KSs than they do for older stock. I would expect them to have a store category for mountains and not lump them in with castles.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:32 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:57 pm
Harneloot wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:36 am
Are they hiding the mountain sets in the store somewhere? After seeing these pictures I think I might need more but cannot find them listed anywhere...
They sold out.

Because they did not realize how awesome outdoor terrain is. IMO
And so they hid them from all eyes by deleting their entry from the store? I will never understand the logic behind that choice. :?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Yeah it seems a good rule of thumb could be legacy scale for indoors/underground, 1" scale for outdoors/3D buildings like CBS. Only issue is sewers really.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:32 pm

I bought two of the cavern river sets and painted them to match the mountains. They look great, but the size difference becomes problematic after a few tiles. I hope future outdoor water tiles are sized to match the mountains, castles, and city tiles.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:28 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:06 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:59 pm
Though I cant recommend the Water Cavern tiles enough they are quickly becoming my favorite pieces :)
I was sad they did not create alternate shore sculpts - i love water tiles, but the borders get VERY repetitive - i am holding off on buying more until they create "Water 2"
Agreed hoping for KS6 they do a proper Moat set that doubles as Mountain stream/river preferably with the same paint job as KS2
I am the Game and I want to Play

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:26 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:06 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Though I cant recommend the Water Cavern tiles enough they are quickly becoming my favorite pieces :)
I was sad they did not create alternate shore sculpts - i love water tiles, but the borders get VERY repetitive - i am holding off on buying more until they create "Water 2"
I am hoping KS6 will have add-ons for Caverns, Water Caverns and Mountains as all are great but more sculpts will make them more organic.
Last edited by kodiakbear on Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:59 pm

I jumped on a second set when they came available at retail.
In the KS they were a pledge manager addition - in for many pennies might as well go big!

Was not convinced until I saw some of the builds here and then getting a chance to use them convinced me they are an excellent addition as there is so much potential.

I am the Game and I want to Play