Re: At the risk of sounding rude.

Post by Talistran » Sun May 28, 2017 5:44 pm

ebrandeis wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 12:22 pm
Riley wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 2:18 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 1:23 pm
If that's the case, why did they also produce the mountain 8x8 and 4x4 pieces in dwarvenite? Mine are all fine...
If given the option, I would swap for a dwarvenite version of all of my ABS plastic pieces, but they are what they are.
I am excited about the 4x4 mountain floors.

I would really like to have the ability to buy them In packs- instead of only being available in a very small number in the expensive Erinthor mega-pack.
Some of my 4x4 mountain floors have warping problems...

I believe the 8x8 mountain floors are the same as the castle floors (DW-G), but will verify later today.
They are not the same. The 8x8 mountain are dwarvenite. The castle floors are "lego" (Gorgonite). I don't have a problem with either one yet. Yes, they feel different. But until I have a problem with the legos, I don't see a reason to get upset about them.

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Sun May 28, 2017 12:22 pm

Riley wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 2:18 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
If that's the case, why did they also produce the mountain 8x8 and 4x4 pieces in dwarvenite? Mine are all fine...
If given the option, I would swap for a dwarvenite version of all of my ABS plastic pieces, but they are what they are.

I would really like to have the ability to buy them In packs- instead of only being available in a very small number in the expensive Erinthor mega-pack.
Some of my 4x4 mountain floors have warping problems...

I believe the 8x8 mountain floors are the same as the castle floors (DW-G), but will verify later today.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Fri May 26, 2017 2:18 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:01 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Saxon1974 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 12:30 pm
I think the issue with large pieces in Dwarvenite is warping.

I was probably going to just set my castle down on a flip mat with a grass or dirt image on it as that's how most castle courtyards would have been anyway.
If that's the case, why did they also produce the mountain 8x8 and 4x4 pieces in dwarvenite? Mine are all fine. I think they have moved past that problem for these pieces. I will agree with Madrigalian in the fact that they feel cheaper than expected. They do not "feel" like Dwarven Forge, sadly. If given the option, I would swap for a dwarvenite version of all of my ABS plastic pieces, but they are what they are. They do their job, I just on the consumer end am feeling a little underwhelmed in the product material itself. I hope hope hope hope that the peg holes on the bottom don't crack with age and use.
Can't answer that, it's just what I have heard. Can't judge the pieces yet though as I don't have them.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri May 26, 2017 1:23 pm

Saxon1974 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 12:30 pm

I was probably going to just set my castle down on a flip mat with a grass or dirt image on it as that's how most castle courtyards would have been anyway.
If that's the case, why did they also produce the mountain 8x8 and 4x4 pieces in dwarvenite? Mine are all fine. I think they have moved past that problem for these pieces. I will agree with Madrigalian in the fact that they feel cheaper than expected. They do not "feel" like Dwarven Forge, sadly. If given the option, I would swap for a dwarvenite version of all of my ABS plastic pieces, but they are what they are. They do their job, I just on the consumer end am feeling a little underwhelmed in the product material itself. I hope hope hope hope that the peg holes on the bottom don't crack with age and use.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:30 pm

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

At the risk of sounding rude.

Post by madrigalian » Fri May 26, 2017 11:36 am

I'm just going to say it. I do not like the plastic castle 8x8 courtyard floors. I would have much preferred if they had used the same material as was used on the Mountain 8x8 floors. Dwarvenite or Dwarvenite-G or whatever it is.

The "Lego plastic" looks cheap and loses a lot of depth and detail when compared to the rest of the floors. It sounds terrible (and loud) when you roll die across it. (or touch it with anything else for that matter) It just feels cheap and flimsy and not at all up to the standards in terms of quality and durability I expect from Dwarven Forge. I can understand the walls and other bits, in the interest of weight and the magnet system. But the floors, the foundations, should have been spared the Lego treatment. It makes them far less useful and desirable for use in other modular dungeon builds.

Don't get me wrong. I am still happy with my pledge overall and the product as a whole is still worth the investment, IMO. However, the castle floors are a real "miss" as far as I am concerned. I bought an extra pack and was interested in getting one or two more packs from the store in a few weeks. Now, no thanks. I am tempted to return the extra pack I ordered. I am going to stick to dwarvenite tiles instead.
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0