At the risk of sounding rude.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: At the risk of sounding rude.

Post by jchunick » Wed May 31, 2017 7:33 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 1:29 am
I have not yet received my stuff, but I would like to know what is dwarvenite G in KSV before pledging. Or any new material.
Hopefully Nate or Stefan can chime in on this, but I haven't yet heard any discussion on this topic in the development group yet.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Wed May 31, 2017 3:12 am

I think a lot of people are overreacting... but then again, personal opinions are always valid.

I like the D-G stuff. The castle walls, the wall spacers, the long walls especially. Love em.

The Cubes are really useful. My only desire with the cubes is that they had stronger magnetzzzzzzzzzzz

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:19 am

The plastic feel fo the Dwarvenite-G turned me off of some add-on I wanted. I never was really interested in the castles themselves (I still prefer doing them in CBS and KS1 Tiles myself), but some add-ons like the Cube Spacers were interesting to me...until I've learn they were made in D-G plastic. They got out of my to-buy list pretty fast...

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Wed May 31, 2017 1:29 am

I have not yet received my stuff, but I would like to know what is dwarvenite G in KSV before pledging. Or any new material.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Thunder
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Thunder » Tue May 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Well spoken Madrigalian,

I am in complete agreement with you on all your points. Especially about bringing these concerns forward as a fan.

Peace

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Tue May 30, 2017 6:45 pm

To be clear, I didn't mean to imply that there were any "problems" with the floors or with Dwarvenite-G in general. They work perfectly well, as designed. I am simply making the statement that I do not, personally, like the decision to use Dwarvenite-G to create the courtyard floors. Simple as that.

Now, from my perspective and having them in hand, they feel cheap. I believe that if they were to be left on the floor and someone stepped on them, they would likely (and easily) crack. They look cheap (and plastic) and do not hold the same depth of detail nor quality or durability that can be readily seen in the 8x8 mountain floors sitting right next to them. If you are used to rolling dice on your terrain, as we often do in both cities and dungeons you will probably be disappointed with the sound of dice hitting the thin plastic and bouncing loudly across the hard plastic floor. It's akin to nails on a chalkboard for me.

When two of my buddies stopped by to see the new KS haul they didn't believe me when I told them that these floors came from Dwarven Forge. Their first thought was that DF must not be doing too well with KS profits because they "clearly chose cheaper manufacturing processes" for the latest KS.

On the other hand, the mountain floors look and feel great! I have two sets and have noticed no warping at all in either the 8x8 or 4x4 varieties. I honestly do not understand why they weren't both done using the same process.

Do I expect DF to replace them or "fix" it, going forward? Not really, but I would welcome it. The important thing for me is simply to be candid with DF that, for me, this was a poor decision and it has negatively impacted my planned post-KS purchasing plans. I had intended to buy a few extra floor sets for elevation and expansion purposes with use in standard dungeon layouts. That thought is no longer on the table. Going forward I will likely be asking for more (specific) details whenever Stefan indicates any deviation from the use of dwarvenite exclusively.
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue May 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Talistran wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm giving it a chance. But I do remember breaking Legos, you know the 4*4 grass fields and other large, flat, thin pieces. There is a lot of strength in the small Legos because of the small size and reinforced centers.
I am sure there will be some problems. I am not going to worry about it yet. The Lego like material will probably be more brittle.If it needs to be reinforced like the small blocks I am sure it will be taken care of in future molds.
I was being sardonic about stepping on legos ;) ;)
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Tue May 30, 2017 1:08 pm

Oldent wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 11:44 am
William wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 1:37 am
I dunno about that, seems like everything breaks.
Plumbing, electrical systems, cars and trucks, dishes, windows, chairs, backs, hearts.

It's Dwarvenite that's unnatural and thank the gaming gods for that. :)
You mentioned Pluming. I have replaced the PVC water line 3 times in 30 years. I think the Dwarvenite cabal has unrealistic expectations.

Gorgonite :lol: I don't recall breaking any legos. I do know they hurt when you step on them. ;)

Give Gorgonite a chance
I'm giving it a chance. But I do remember breaking Legos, you know the 4*4 grass fields and other large, flat, thin pieces. There is a lot of strength in the small Legos because of the small size and reinforced centers.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue May 30, 2017 11:44 am

William wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 1:37 am
Plumbing, electrical systems, cars and trucks, dishes, windows, chairs, backs, hearts.

You mentioned Pluming. I have replaced the PVC water line 3 times in 30 years. I think the Dwarvenite cabal has unrealistic expectations.

Gorgonite :lol: I don't recall breaking any legos. I do know they hurt when you step on them. ;)

Give Gorgonite a chance
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Tue May 30, 2017 1:37 am

Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )