Erinthor Mountains Painting Question

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Re: Erinthor Mountains Painting Question

Post by FattyLumpkin » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:56 pm

Audles wrote:I sprung for painted mountains simply as a time management thing. I'll still be in school when they arrive -- but having the flexibility to paint purchases in the future to match will be super handy. Not to mention when crafting custom pieces - having the guide to paint match will be great.
This is exactly my thinking most of the time. For KS for everything until this pre-purchase was painted. I figure the mountains will be easy enough and I may be able to lure the kids into a painting session :)

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:12 pm

I sprung for painted mountains simply as a time management thing. I'll still be in school when they arrive -- but having the flexibility to paint purchases in the future to match will be super handy. Not to mention when crafting custom pieces - having the guide to paint match will be great.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:39 pm

DFSuzy wrote:Correct ... we won't be offering any new paints for the Castles or Mountains (they aren't needed) but we will likely do another painting guide if you guys liked the last one.

Did you like it? Was it useful?

We won't be able to make one for several more months, but if you guys found it useful, we will.

Feel free to let us know!
The painting guides in PDF were super useful. I downloaded them and reference them quite a bit.

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Post by FattyLumpkin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Mobius wrote:I went unpainted for the first time this KS. I will be painting my mountains using the old DF Caverns painting guide:
Thanks for the idea and the link. I may even have all the paints necessary so I'll be following your lead!

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:16 pm

I too would love a guide (I never get tired of painting guides and videos), although I will be painting mine very close to my caverns so I can use them in caverns as well as for mountains.

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Add another "yes, please" to the request for painting guides.
This is the first Kickstarter I went mostly unpainted on; we'll see how this goes.

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:13 am

I went unpainted for the first time this KS. I will be painting my mountains using the old DF Caverns painting guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YYhnqLj25M

Why? I have a lot of painted Dwarvenite Caverns and I want to be able to seamlessly use my mountain pieces in caverns, and to use my cavern elevation pieces in mountains. I need them to match close enough to look good mixed together.

I'll at minimum be using Base Grey and Cavern Stone Dry Brush on them. Cavern tiles also have many Earth Stone and Olive components, but I'll likely use those colours very sparingly on the mountains - just enough to tie them together.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:48 am

as always, "more please"... ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Post by FattyLumpkin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:28 am

"All the necessary paints exist in the current line" is good to hear. Thank you! And YES, I personally LOVE the painting guides. I'm new to the painting thing so it's been a wonderful resource. I'd love to see more :)

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:51 am

I like the painting guides. Please do ones for all items but especially the mountain tiles.