Old School Sub-game for KS4 Bits

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Old School Sub-game for KS4 Bits

Post by GODofwar » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:25 pm

Teazia, have you looked at the Chivalry & Sorcery rules, C&S Sourcebook (1978), pp 54-74. They had a very advanced econ system, and its available free IIRC...

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:44 am

teazia wrote: Alas, my plea fell on deaf ears, but I still think it is a good idea for a subgame with KS4 and your favorite flavor of fantasy rpgs.

Cheers
I think most of us would be open to this idea, I love it personally. The problem we have is that KS IV consumed our thoughts. Trying to get the $ to buy everything we wanted/needed, etc. :)

Having not seen your post until 6/1, I'd say I'm very open to helping out with a project like this. I think the first thing we'd need to do is get a full parts list and then come up with guidelines on pricing. Shouldn't be terribly hard. I've also got a few older books (3rd edition or older) about castle building. Yeah I'm a nut when it comes to being able to do castles... Thanks for channeling that Stefan... *looks at empty wallet*

Anyways, if you want to work on this together Teazia, I'm game to help out. Please note, I'll be out of the country for the next 2 weeks starting Saturday, so cannot help out until middle of June.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 am

Bump.

Any thoughts on this?

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Thu May 05, 2016 12:39 pm

Teazia,
that sounds awesome! What do you need from us to make it possible?
Sorry if your offer fell on deaf ears...we were all in total def con 4 mayhem and it may have slipped through the cracks? I think there is plenty of time now to work on this before January delivery...?

cawshis
Goblin
Goblin

Post by cawshis » Thu May 05, 2016 9:18 am

Adventurer Conqueror Kings has a fantastic economy system for heroes. I'm actually debating on how to incorporate this into my current 5e D&D campaign for my players (simply....because my players are NOT economists and glaze over when they see too many charts.).

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue May 03, 2016 4:08 pm

I was planning on using the Castles guide from AD&D 2nd edition and maybe convert some Birthright rules.

whynotjon
Kobold
Kobold

Post by whynotjon » Tue May 03, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm pretty sure he's talking about a D&D-compatible or semi-universal (at least, mostly economically realistic) set of rules to allow an RPG character to build themselves a keep or castle, with a gold piece value on each piece used. So like, if you decided to spend 100,000 gold on a keep, you would construct one made with 100,000gp worth of walls, towers, etc. It's a cool notion, but of course, as a DM, seeing a character live long enough and richly enough that they could build themselves a fortress indicates a failure to properly motivate and challenge that character.

thebigteacher
Orc
Orc

Post by thebigteacher » Tue May 03, 2016 2:43 pm

My son is in the process of paying for and equipping his castle, a set of rules would have been handy.

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 03, 2016 9:56 am

I have no idea about what is being proposed :)
But then as a non DnD / RPGer perhaps that's ok and I did not miss the memo.
I am the Game and I want to Play

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Mon May 02, 2016 11:05 pm

Hehe, does sound kinda cool. Have tons of ersatz coins. (Real $ for fake)