KS4 Peer Pledge Review

Himajin
Orc
Orc

Re: KS4 Peer Pledge Review

Post by Himajin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:44 pm

This is the first KS where I'm still a bit stumped at this point.

My plan is to leave the 6-inch towers for now and work from a Count's Castle pledge that already includes 4-inch towers.
1 x Count's Castle
2 x Straight Walls (to increase to Citadel size)
2 x Ramparts Inside Walls (to pair with the above)
1 x Castle Crenellations (should cover the extra walls when combined with the Count's Castle ones)
1 x Citadel Double Thick Walls (I wanted the spacers for various reasons, so I figured I might as well get them this way)
2 x Wizard's Outpost (for the extra round roofs, plus unique pieces and extra 4-inch tower walls in case I want to break them out)
1 x Motorized Drawbridge

One thing I really need is some of the Corner Fill Walls and 3/4 Corner Fill Walls in case I want to use the castle without the towers, so I'm hoping that becomes an option. I also need to work out whether I need more small tower floors/walls so I can build different configurations.

Any other obvious omissions with regards to adding maximum flexibility to the castle?

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:51 pm

OK, the basics of my pledge (so far):

Royal Stronghold. That's it. Right now, the most versatile for my RPG needs.
1) Four huge towers which are taller than Watchtower. I can build a high Wizards tower with two of them, and use the other two towers to do a floor-by-floor battle layout without deconstructing the tower so my players (my two boys and occasionally my wife) to see both whole tower and individual skirmish floors
2) A huge crenellated castle if I want it. This is mostly for diorama and display purposes, but I should have enough KS1 and KS3 pieces to build a partial layout as the PCs explore from area to area.
3) Note that the top of two towers are two complete Wizard's Outposts!
4) Best value for money. Shipping is much less (for outside USA) compared to getting GC expert pledge and adding on the required expansion packs.
$1500 plus $130 shipping = $1630 (unpainted).

"Pimp My Pledge" will ensue once the Pledge Manager opens.

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:48 pm

The tower bridges are now available... Follow the link on the main kickstarter page to see the images of the new add-on packs.

Also... I have not studied it yet... but my gut says that if you want the double thick walls all the way around the inside without the building inset on the inside of the back wall (or even single thick walls with all inside walls closed), you may need a few inside wall pieces to finish it out. Need to check the piece counts.

The advanced builder pack can also be used to build high ceiling rooms in city (two floors high, with no floor)... using the tall corner posts with the stone wall risers... I am going to need at least a couple of those... hoping there is a wood version as well.

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zoroaster100 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Pending what happens with further pledge levels and add ons being released, and whether stretch goal packs are released as add ons, I'm thinking of making my pledge be a Royal Stronghold with a number of add ons. The Royal Stronghold itself provides a nice castle. My goal with the add ons is to allow flexibility to build up to two separate large towers (with the tower break out packs) and some small towers either at the same time or at times when I'm not using the castle build itself, for city builds, a wizard's tower, etc. I am also interested in many of the themed elements to decorate depending on what I'm using the castle/towers for. And I wanted to get an assortment of the new CBS pieces for city builds with my KS3 stuff. Please let me know if you think I'm missing some useful pieces that are not included in the selections I've listed.

Pledge Total: $
The shipping destination will be within the United States.
Main Pledge
• 1 X The Royal Stronghold - Expertly Hand Painted ($1950)
Add-ons
• 1 X Citadel / Grand Citadel Double Thick Wall Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($198)
• 3 X Batter Base - Expertly Hand Painted ($177)
• 1 X Large Tower - Palace - Expertly Hand Painted ($89)
• 2 X Small Tower - Fortified - Expertly Hand Painted ($108)
• 1 X Alternate Floors - Expertly Hand Painted ($36)
• 2 X Grand Citadel Tower Breakout - Expertly Hand Painted ($56)
• 1 X Castle Roof Mega Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($225)
• 2 X Stone Bridge Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($48)
• 1 X Manual Drawbridge Upgrade - Expertly Hand Painted ($77)
• 1 X Stone Advanced Builder Set - Expertly Hand Painted ($83)
• 2 X Small Round Crenellations - Expertly Hand Painted ($60)
• 1 X Necromancer Wall Pack - Dungeon Gray ($65)
• 1 X Runic Theme Mega Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($225)
• 1 X Erinthor Mountains - Expertly Hand Painted ($385)
• 1 X Mountain Cliff Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($65)
• 1 X Mountain Peak Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($50)
• 1 X Mountain Floor Pack - Expertly Hand Painted ($26)
• 1 X Castle Defenders - Expertly Hand Painted ($42)

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:49 am

One of my objectives is a substantial gatehouse.
So my plan is for CBS 4x4 towers either side of the gatehouse fronted by half a 4 " tower. The CBS part can either be from any existing CBS stone buildings you have or the Square Castle Tower add on.
Height is down to you - personally I go big and have the gatehouse at 4 levels the same height as my double height walls
I am the Game and I want to Play

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:56 pm

Anime, almost exactly what I have configured. It's almost as if u had been reading my mind!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:02 pm

I don't know. I'm already almost at $3k. :( So expensive!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:32 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:I do want to have the ability to have freestanding towers, but I think I get what I need in the palace tower add on and the L shaped piece in the tower to wall transition, right? I think I only lose the blank curved wall. Am I wrong?
From what I can tell, you are correct. Your large tower palace add-on gives you what you need for tower breakout and the wall-tower transition gives you the corner platforms if you want to do so. I think you are good for your needs at the moment.

Will you be adding parapets/baltizens and machiolated battlements as they come available? Or are the GC crennelations and the 2 battlements with the GC enough for you?
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:14 pm

I do want to have the ability to have freestanding towers, but I think I get what I need in the palace tower add on and the L shaped piece in the tower to wall transition, right? I think I only lose the blank curved wall. Am I wrong?
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

KenCOWrite
Kobold
Kobold

Post by KenCOWrite » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:48 am

My understanding is you would only need the GC Tower Breakout add-on if you want to make your large towers into freestanding towers. You need that one corner piece if you want to fill in your citadel with a straight corner. Otherwise that looks good - very similar to what I have configured so far.