Shout out for KS4 from Matt Mercer

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Shout out for KS4 from Matt Mercer

Post by Kryzsko » Tue May 30, 2017 2:41 am

I like watching people play D&D. I have watched a few (far from everything because there are a ton now) different D&D streams. I like Critical Role but I like Dice, Camera, Action even better. Critical Role feels like actors doing improve (nothing wrong with that), but DCA feels like regular people playing D&D and they stick to the rules better. I am sure there are other great streamers that I haven't even seen.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon May 29, 2017 1:24 pm

William wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 5:17 am
After a few months of late night watching (free satellite internet for me during those hours) I just started episode 44 The Sunken Tomb | Critical Role RPG Show Episode 44. Matt started the show with a mention of the Castle KS while it was running.

This should be keyed up to that mention.
https://youtu.be/KHsA0R_GovU?t=157

It's been a lot of fun watching these guys and gals play, but sometimes I can't believe they ever made it past level 3. It might help their game if they listened to Matt more. :roll:
I think that it's pretty accurately reflected in their 'heavy on the RPing' play style... they're much less into the stats, min/maxing, and all that detail, and much more interested in their characters and character motivations. I actually enjoy that aspect very much as it makes watching very entertaining and engaging; I'm invested in these characters as much as any novel or tv show, as a result. I do wish they'd learn more about their own character's skills, abilities and spells, though. And it'd also be nice if they could get the basic mechanics down... after almost 100 episodes and however many more sessions before it began streaming live, you'd think they'd have the basics down pat... but they don't :o :shock: :D

I'm a huge Critter. :-)
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:50 am

Hmm, I can only watch a few minutes of other people playing d&d but if they used some DF I would probably watch a bit more. That being said Mercer is quite good at creating a scene.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Mon May 29, 2017 5:17 am

After a few months of late night watching (free satellite internet for me during those hours) I just started episode 44 The Sunken Tomb | Critical Role RPG Show Episode 44. Matt started the show with a mention of the Castle KS while it was running.

This should be keyed up to that mention.
https://youtu.be/KHsA0R_GovU?t=157

It's been a lot of fun watching these guys and gals play, but sometimes I can't believe they ever made it past level 3. It might help their game if they listened to Matt more. :roll:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kmj9907
Orc
Orc

Post by kmj9907 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:43 am

There is actually a New Viewers Guide at: https://www.reddit.com/r/criticalrole/wiki/newviewers

It's definitely one of the best liveplay shows out there; and it has a big following, so hopefully that helps.

NinjaMeesta
Orc
Orc

Shout out for KS4 from Matt Mercer

Post by NinjaMeesta » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:01 am

In case you've never heard of Critical Role (you haven't? where HAVE you been?!):
For the past year, professional voice actors Matt Mercer, Liam O'Brien, Laura Bailey, Travis Willingham, Marisha Ray, Sam Riegel, Taliesin Jaffe, and Ashley Johnson, have been live streaming their 3 year old D&D game. 8-)
Every Thursday night (7 PM PST) they stream live on Geek & Sundry's Twitch channel.
Sessions are then uploaded to Youtube.
You can start binge watching here:
Arrival at Kraghammer - Critical Role RPG Show: Episode 1
Matt has been a backer of the DF KS's from the start, and on last night's ep, excitely advised he's in for KS4!
Let's hope he's given the KS a nice boost! (Critrole has a HUGE audience now!)
Also check out the show if you love D&D, it's huge amounts of fun! :D