Dwarven Forge bitz bin???

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Dwarven Forge bitz bin???

Post by kitenerd » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:23 pm

I dont think they should sell the bad bits... But if a set (resin or dwarvenite) gets returned because one part of it is substandard, the good bits that are leftover should be used for grab bags, promos or incentives (1 free piece for every x$ spent... Tell me that wouldn't make you order!!!)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:33 am

I *think* I remember Stefan saying he did not like such pieces out in circulation as it diminished his art, so to speak. I am certainly not quoting him directly here, (I may even be mis-remembering) and while it is an interesting idea, I can see the value in keeping such *poorly cast* pieces off of people's gaming tables too.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:43 pm

I know some resin makers sell mismolded or broken bits by the pound.

It sounds like a good idea for DF, though many of them might never leave the factory in China, so that would be some serious shipping, However, broken bits that end o\up in the States might be eligible as well as partial sets as they do sell bits at Gencon (I got some this year)

I wonder what the eror rate for casting is in China anyway, and if this stuff can be successfully melted back down for resue in DF or another product.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Dwarven Forge bitz bin???

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:25 pm

I am seeing more than a few posts about broken LEDs, warped pieces, etc.

It makes me wonder, what happens to the pieces that are broken? Are those sent back to DF?
If so, perhaps DF can offer those on the store for folks who want to try to mod them or try to repair them? At a significant discount, of course.

Just thinking, but it seems like a viable idea.