Parts "needed" somewhere in the pledge manager

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Re: Parts "needed" somewhere in the pledge manager

Post by jonmilton » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:32 pm

willmontgomery wrote:Gargoyle posts are in the Square Castle Tower pack, are they not?
They are, but only 4 of them for $100 and a lot of duplicate pieces from KS3.

Personally I love the crenelations assortment pack. At a GC pledge I can now get 2 castle crenelation sets (or 1 castle and 2 ramparts) and get a much nicer assortment of parts (more corners and oil cauldrons) and still add 4x 6" towers to my castle. But I can see how others might see it as too many pieces.

willmontgomery
Goblin
Goblin

Post by willmontgomery » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Gargoyle posts are in the Square Castle Tower pack, are they not?

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:36 pm

Nikdo wrote:I would love to buy Crenellation to Battlement pieces but they are only currently available in the Straight Crenellation Assortment Pack ($75/$102) which, unfortunately, is mostly composed of pieces I don't need.
+1 to this! The straight crenellation assortment is frankly a poorly thought out assortment in general. GC owners are drowning in cauldrons & associated cren pieces from SGs and if we don't like the double-sided cren pieces, those are useless to us as well. Many will want the extremely versatile cren-to-battlement pieces but there are too few(!) of those in the pack and they are egregiously expensive to get given the pack price tag.

Throne room packs for each theme of throne + a few of each appropriate nonLED theme item would be instantly purchased too.
Right now I am buying zero theme items.
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:59 am

I would second producing a bunch of lions and selling them alongside the empire grab-bag assortment from KSIII
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:11 am

I would like Battlements with a tower cutout. I would like them to come in packs of 4 so each pack covered 2 towers, and then I would not even need any crenelation to battlement pieces. I only want the battlement for the most part (some round crenelations for my parapets). I really don't see why I should have to buy a couple crenelations just to use my battlements.

If this can not be done for some reason I would like the straight wall assortment pack to have the needed 8 transition pieces to go with the 8 tower cutouts. Right now I have to buy 2x$75 pack just to have the cutouts and transitions I need to go around for my 4 towers.

Other than that I would most like:
Thrown pack
Ruins
New ally pack
A theme sample assortment pack (one big pack that has a little of every theme)
The lion on a pedestal from KS3 (I have one but a second would let me do the lion on each side of the drawbridge thing) or just sell it in the DF store and I will buy it now.
Moat pack? (maybe but it would have to be very cool as I could use just my cavern water and it would look fine)

I think that is about it for me. Thanks Dwarven Forge

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:24 am

A very comprehensive list of what is hard to get. Thanks.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

StevenO
Goblin
Goblin

Post by StevenO » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:48 pm

I'd say I'm also looking for those CBS Arched passageways. The square tower balcony & bridge base back has pieces that look the closest but the parts sticking out and down would get in the way of any internal or ground floor uses.

Those arches may great opening spaces where you want passage but do not want an actual door.

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:01 pm

I would love to buy Crenellation to Battlement pieces but they are only currently available in the Straight Crenellation Assortment Pack ($75/$102) which, unfortunately, is mostly composed of pieces I don't need.
Nikdo, Master Ratcatcher of Valoria

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Parts "needed" somewhere in the pledge manager

Post by jonmilton » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:10 pm

I thought I would compile a list of parts which are being made but are currently not available in any sort of pack. (Not including stretch goal items presuming that they will be sold already, in both square and curved variants.)

Iron Scaled Shutter
Hanging Wall Gargoyle (presumed to eventually be in a theme pack)
Hanging Lion Gargoyle (Same part as above? RS vs SS listing)
CBS New Arch Wall
CBS Abbey Window*
CBS Dwarven Pillar*
CBS Gargoyle Post*
Flag C - Flat (the red one)

*KS3 part

These parts are available in small quantities in larger packs, but are not easy to get in any kind of quantity without a lot of other duplicated parts.

Weather Vane
Telescope
Wizard's Warding Vane
LED Sconce Brazier
LED Lantern (to a lesser extent)
LED Torch (for those that missed KS3)
Necromancer Throne
Runic Throne
LED Valorian Spire (presumed to eventually be in a theme pack)
LED Gargoyle Guardian (presumed to eventually be in a theme pack)
Elevation Half Block & Curved Elevation Half Block (I suspect people would like more of these without more stairs.)
4x4 Mountain Ground
Elder Earth Elemental

And, for the sake of completeness, these items were also available in KS3 in addition to those above but also hard to get in any quantity without duplicating a lot of other parts or only as part of large sets.

Stone Offset Window Wall
Tudor Offset Window Wall
Iron Trapdoor
Sewer Grate Trapdoor (from streets)
Roaring Lion Statue (and Pedestal)
Window Fire Insert
Roof Fire

Some items teased that would be nice to see someday.

Castle Ruins
Moat
Drawbridge Pack
Buttresses

Lastly, some pieces (other than alleys) that are seriously needed for one reason or another.
4" curved insert to put a 4" tower back into square grid. Flagstone, sidewalk, and/or mountain texture.
6" would be nice, but batter base can accomplish the task.
A non-T CBS double post pack.

So what I would love to see most in the pledge manager is:
The already confirmed Alleys pack (YAY!)
A Curved Insert pack with whatever pieces can be managed.
A CBS Advanced Walls Pack with just New Arch Window Walls, Abbey Walls, Offset Window Walls, and Gargoyle Posts. (Maybe separately shipped as a small run like the open water tiles but done with a preorder option)
A set of theme packs with Iron Scaled Shutters, Flag-C, Hanging Gargoyles (both? styles), Telescope, Weather Vane, Valorian Spire, LED Sconce Brazier, corresponding Throne and other items.

I think a lot of others would like a Throne pack.

Hopefully on the sooner side we will also see the double post pack, and a fire pack with maybe some new fire sculpts.

What am I missing? I tried my best to stick to existing molds and minimize the number of new packs since the factory is already overwhelmed.