Number of battlements/crenellations needed for 2xwidth walls

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Number of battlements/crenellations needed for 2xwidth walls

Post by bernyleung » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:03 pm

Yes, but I think it works out exactly the same as Harliquinn said. Battlements on the outside, and single side crenellations on the inside.

Take the number of crenellations in a C or GC pack, and turn that number into battlements. That's the number of battlements you will need. Take that same number and subtract 8. That is the number of one-side crenellations you will need to face the inside of the castle, since you lose 4" of linear space (or 2 pieces) on each side when you go double-thick.

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zoroaster100 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:39 pm

Sorry I was not clear. What I'd like to do with double width walls is what Elye recommended on one of the livestreams for double thick walls: using straight battlements (which only have battlements one side, not both) and straight crenellations (with crenellations only on one side). So if you are a miniature standing on the double thick wall, the wall is a pretty wide open space, but you have battlements between you and someone standing outside the castle, and crenellations between you and someone standing on the castle's inside courtyard.

Harliquinn
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Harliquinn » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:14 am

Just to be clear, you want Battlements on the outside (Giving 2 squares of walkway for the outside platform and then crenellations (KS4?) on the inside which puts up a double wall along your walkway? So looking down you'd have

|-|--|
|-|--|

Where | are 'walls' of the crenellations (on the left) and battlements (on the right) and - are the squares where miniatures can go?

If so, you can use the (Pledge Planner) put in your pledge and look down at the 'total wall length' estimations of use. You'll need 2 Crenellations and 2 Battlements / 4" section of wall.

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Number of battlements/crenellations needed for 2xwidth walls

Post by zoroaster100 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:45 pm

What combination of battlement and crenellations packs do I need purchase if I want to use double thick walls for my base pledge, for each of the following size/shape fortresses: Castle/Citadel/Grand Citadel/Royal Stronghold (in the case of the Royal Stronghold, which comes with some, but not necessarily the right battlement/crenellations pieces for this build of double width walls, I need to know which add-ons to get beyond what comes with the Royal Stronghold)? My intent is to cover the double thick straight walls on each of the four sides with battlements on the outside and crenellations on the inside of the double width walls.