Battlements on Citadel

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Battlements on Citadel

Post by biowizard » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:07 am

whyteshark wrote:Thank you Biowizard. I thought I would need three, now I can save that money and put it into other pieces. Appreciated greatly. Cheers.
To cover the "citadel" with crenelation or battlements, you need 30 straight crenelation or 30 straight battlement pieces. If you're talking about the present "straight battlement" pack of 12, you indeed need 3 packs to reach 30. Another option is to get 1 pack of "citadel crenelation" or the pack of crenelations already available in store (3 straight, 1 corner).

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by whyteshark » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:53 pm

Thank you Biowizard. I thought I would need three, now I can save that money and put it into other pieces. Appreciated greatly. Cheers.
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:49 pm

A crenelation and a battlement piece (two different type of pieces) both occupy a footprint of 2"*2" on top of walls and towers. For each 4" wall section you have, you need 2 crenelation or 2 battlement. For each corner wall you have, you need 2 straight crenelation and 1 corner crenelation or 2 straight battlement and one corner battlement. The tricky part comes from the fact that battlements overhang outside of walls and therefore "break" the grid system. If ever you want battlements on an inverted (concave) corner or leaning against a tower, you will also need some crenelation pieces including the "crenelation to battlement" piece.
Last edited by biowizard on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

whyteshark
Goblin
Goblin

Battlements on Citadel

Post by whyteshark » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:56 am

Hello,

I am hoping for an 'official' answer to this question.

I have been told by a few backers that they estimate that I would need x3 Battlement Add-Ons to cover the entire Citadel Pledge. I am also getting x4 parapets for the corners with small tower crenelations for them (they will sit 1-2 levels higher than the castle wall).

So how many Straight Battlement add-on sets will I need to purchase for my Citadel pledge?

Thanks.
James Gordon, Professor of Valoria