Questions for Jenney

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Questions for Jenney

Post by JenneyOC » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Look at the gatehouse floor and you will see that it is 4x4

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Limbolance wrote:Dear Jenney,
First, thank you for your efforts, may you be showered with Dwarvenite from head to toe... just not by dropping it on you from a height...
Then, the questions...
1) Gate House:
a) To me, this is a bit disappointing being only 2" wide (2 squares) and what looks like a equal distance tall - certainly not wide enough for two way wagon traffic. Does the DF wagon fit through?
b) I see a Portcullis in the photos - a future SG or a in house modification?
c) How do Two Towers attach to the Gate House? If I get 2xWatch Tower and 1xGatehouse or Ramparts, I see no possible way to recreate this with the parts shown...
drawbridge arch is 4" wide and 4" tall (2" deep) and so is the double door side.... youre whole gatehouse is 4x4x4

Towers sit directly next to the walls. ==O== or in this case ==O[_]O==

or there are other configs, but I would have to spill beans to discuss them, so I can't.

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:55 pm

2) Long Arrowslit Wall:
a) How high up is the ledge? Is it the same height as KS1 pieces? Possible use as outer wall for a 2 story CBS building comes to mind....
b) Will these be obtainable for non Citadel pledges?

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:52 pm

Dear Jenney,
First, thank you for your efforts, may you be showered with Dwarvenite from head to toe... just not by dropping it on you from a height...
Then, the questions...
1) Gate House:
a) To me, this is a bit disappointing being only 2" wide (2 squares) and what looks like a equal distance tall - certainly not wide enough for two way wagon traffic. Does the DF wagon fit through?
b) I see a Portcullis in the photos - a future SG or a in house modification?
c) How do Two Towers attach to the Gate House? If I get 2xWatch Tower and 1xGatehouse or Ramparts, I see no possible way to recreate this with the parts shown...

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:17 am

zenmaster wrote:[Edit: Just read in the KS comments that you passed out at some point. Yikes! Get some rest. You need it and deserve it. When things calm down, please pass the following question on when you have the time. Thanks, and take care.]

Hi Jenney, this is in reference to the following question and answer from the Codex:

"7. Is there a reason the 6” tower doorway wall was left out of the grand citadel pledge?

A- Yes. The decision was made to use twin doorway walls so that the towers can be accessed from both sides of the walls. If you want to separate your tower away from the main castle, DF will be releasing additional pieces to allow the towers to be fully encased."

Will these additional pieces be free stretch goals for Grand Citadel pledgers by any chance?

That is my question.

I really don't understand how the most expensive top tier pledgers are not given the wherewithal to create a separate round tower as an inner keep or standalone watchtower or such. For 1000$ (painted), I would expect to get that modularity that is being trumpeted without being forced to buy add-ons. I don't begrudge pricing or offerings in this KS in general, but this specific point really irks.
Regading the provision/use of only twin door tower walls in the grand citadel, how is one suppposed to make a straight flat linear wall with two towers?

====O====O====

Would be better in my mind to have done two turret wall pieces, one with door on left, one with door on right. Butting them together would give you the function of the twin door piece. Placing them on opposite sides of tower would allow configuration above (assuming the geometry and door placement works - I havent sketched anything out yet...)

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:39 am

Hi Jenney. You're amazing! Another round tower question for you:

Do the round tower walls have top notches for accessories like the castles walls? If not, will there be another way for Watchtower pledges to use potential wall accessory stretch goals like banners or gargoyles?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:47 am

madrigalian wrote:
zenmaster wrote: I really don't understand how the most expensive top tier pledgers are not given the wherewithal to create a separate round tower as an inner keep or standalone watchtower or such. For 1000$ (painted), I would expect to get that modularity that is being trumpeted without being forced to buy add-ons. I don't begrudge pricing or offerings in this KS in general, but this specific point really irks.
Very much agree.
+1

I want flexibility to have a tower or a castle if I'm paying this much $.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:40 am

Maybe one of the free stretch goals will be an optional piece or two like what you are thinking of.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:32 am

zenmaster wrote: I really don't understand how the most expensive top tier pledgers are not given the wherewithal to create a separate round tower as an inner keep or standalone watchtower or such. For 1000$ (painted), I would expect to get that modularity that is being trumpeted without being forced to buy add-ons. I don't begrudge pricing or offerings in this KS in general, but this specific point really irks.
Very much agree.
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:29 am

FYI - this is not an official answer - just my impression.

Base pledges are just that. A base. Designed to be as minimal as possible. The overwhelming feedback in KS3 was 'I have excess pieces... I want to use everything.' There will be various tower add-ons at some point. Perhaps the best pledge for what you want is a smaller Citadel pledge with add-ons. At this point with so much left to be released, we have to wait.

These pieces are literally the largest DF has ever made that isn't resin. That makes them heavy and more expensive. There isn't much that can be done about that. These are all starting base pledge levels, and that should be taken into your consideration with your choices.