Q&A - Cliffs / Elevations

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge
Kickstarter 4 developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Q&A - Cliffs / Elevations

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:11 am

LIVE STREAM QUESTIONS: 03/08/16

1. Curious whether we'll see Caverns Elevation packs offered as an add-on to supplement the mountains? Sort of similar to how they did Narrow Passages as wall packs last year.
A- No reason why not. That sounds like something that we can do to bundle for shipping. They work very well with the mountains.

2. so you might have a sewer outlet surrounded by the 'natural' stone.. would look good. (Transition between Sewers and Elevation)
A- cool idea

3. Would LOVE to see a "opening" in the Cliff face that leads into Caverns... Any ideas that way?
A- We have it.

4. How many Mountain Cliff Packs to recreate the beautiful Castle picture with the ramp leading to the Gatehouse with Two Towers on each side? Trying to get idea of coverage?
A- No we haven’t counted. Haven’t determined even a monster pack size. Somewhere between 2 and 20. We used Gaterfoam to base everything and surrounded with the pieces.

5. will there be any different/ new water based pieces?
A- It’s a castle, what do you think?

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Q&A - Cliffs / Elevations

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:40 am

Questions 03/07/16

1. Cliffs look awesome. I would love to see the cliffs next to some cavern pieces.
A- Okay! I'll shoot it.

2. The dimensions of the cliff add on, are they 2x2 or 4x4?
A- 2x2

3. How many cliff sidepieces do I need to elevate my grand citadel off the ground? How much to raise half the citadel?
A- 3-4 packs I think. 26" per side times four.

4. Do the cliff pieces match the KS2 elevation blocks (in design intent and paint color-matching - I know you can't guarantee, but is that the intent/plan)?

A- the cliff pieces match the KS2 elevation blocks in height...yes we used them together to build many of the things you see in the intro video... the cliff pieces are meant to be outdoor...however, we were careful to ake them so that they can just as easily blend in with caverns, they are pretty much the same in color... if you don't like the rose just leave that piece out in your build, most of the others just have a bit of moss here and there...if you really hate it, I recommend just painting it grey and you won't notice it...these pieces are a ton of fun to build with...I can imagine building a dwarven castle fortress encrusted within a mountainside, or a castle atop a huge mountain or sea side cliff...