DFKS4 - Official Teaser #2

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: DFKS4 - Official Teaser #2

Post by jchunick » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm

Ha!... it looks like I'm a bit behind. Sometimes it's best to be in Valoria (who am I kidding, it's always best to be there!) in order to keep up with things. It looks like I'm behind a bit on the machinations of the evil Zaltar and his henchmen (and women), including that diabolically devious Nate!

Ok, so put me at around 70-80% knowing what the hell is going on (my wife might put me at 50% or lower...)
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:09 pm

And I suspect there is something hidden in Nate's cryptic response but I'm not clever enough to decipher it.
Nikdo, Master Ratcatcher of Valoria

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Excellent. Thanks Josh and Nate. Looking forward to seeing more beans spilled.

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by natetaylor » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Nikdo wrote:Quick question: that looks like a round tower but it appears to seamlessly integrate with the city streets so I assume there is some type of base or adapter piece like the rounded walls in KS1. Do you know how it's done?
There will be several pieces to allow integration with existing terrain.

One of them is a showstopper... :P

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:41 pm

On second thought, it may be difficult to do that for towers since you wouldn't necessarily know where someone would lay down the tower... so do you make circular edge pieces for the sidewalks only or also need to do it for the roads? What about in the future when new tiles are introduced?... do you then have to consider circular filler pieces for each of those new terrain pieces? What if the tower edge spans two different types of terrain?...

Edit, Edit: Ok, scrap that. I have a codex to read this weekend... :?
Edit: I remember now. I had to go and check out one of the resources we have to keep everything straight and organized (see, it actually helped!). That tower should be sitting on the sidewalk/cobblestone tile as it normally would, just like it looks in the picture.

Now, speculate away, but above all, have fun and enjoy the new bean!... it's just the tip of the bean hill! :-D
Last edited by jchunick on Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Nikdo wrote:Josh - You've seen these in person, right? Quick question: that looks like a round tower but it appears to seamlessly integrate with the city streets so I assume there is some type of base or adapter piece like the rounded walls in KS1. Do you know how it's done?
I was down in November at the beginning of sculpting and although the team have venues/ways to keep in communication, there's so much stuff being communicated behind the scenes right now that I'm not up on everything. .. maybe like 80-90%...

That being said, I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was a piece to address the curved shape of the tower... with all the planning and iterations of mock-ups that have been done for this KS I can say that A LOT of consideration has gone into every aspect of KS4, so far.

Sorry for the non-answer... but it's a good question.
Last edited by jchunick on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:17 pm

Josh - You've seen these in person, right? Quick question: that looks like a round tower but it appears to seamlessly integrate with the city streets so I assume there is some type of base or adapter piece like the rounded walls in KS1. Do you know how it's done?

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:10 pm

Nikdo wrote:Yikes! Here I thought I would pass on the walls and focus on the other assorted bits. I'm doomed.
Mwaaaaahahahahaha!

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:06 pm

Yikes! Here I thought I would pass on the walls and focus on the other assorted bits. I'm doomed.

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Nice!