Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Grand Tournament - KS5 Terrain

Post by Arcarius2001 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:36 pm
Runeweaver wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:48 pm
I prolly wouldn't be in for this either, but as long as we are going down this route, then heck...what about a coliseum? He already has one made up, we have all seen the videos. That would be pretty cool. It could add to the city builder as well.
That one was too big unfortunately...if we did a Gladiators Arena (which could also be useful for jousting or circus maximus or theatres, ampitheatres, we would need to re-configure it in smaller pieces....I can see a whole kickstarter devoted to just this endevour:) Start saving up folks, it would be just as expensive as the Castles...maybe more...it won't happen for KS6...probably not 7....maybe 8,9?
Wow, Circus Maximus!! I wonder, if you were to get permission/rights to reproduce the rules in conjunction with a kickstarter.....
I see big things happening, or at least the potential. The original game is 15mm, maybe you could design an arena based on 25mm, complete with a chariots pledge!!!

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Runeweaver wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:48 pm
I prolly wouldn't be in for this either, but as long as we are going down this route, then heck...what about a coliseum? He already has one made up, we have all seen the videos. That would be pretty cool. It could add to the city builder as well.
That one was too big unfortunately...if we did a Gladiators Arena (which could also be useful for jousting or circus maximus or theatres, ampitheatres, we would need to re-configure it in smaller pieces....I can see a whole kickstarter devoted to just this endevour:) Start saving up folks, it would be just as expensive as the Castles...maybe more...it won't happen for KS6...probably not 7....maybe 8,9?

unclebilly
Orc
Orc

Post by unclebilly » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Got my order of Knight's Tents today. Now I just need to repaint them and I will be good to go. I ordered 5 set so that gives me 10 tents to do.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:22 pm

dreamlifter wrote:
Credit where credit is due, the link was actually provided by unclebilly.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Oh I like that Idea of posts and real cloth. That would be awesome! :D
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

dreamlifter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by dreamlifter » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:03 pm

TENTS; If pavilion tents were designed to match with small or large tower molds the tops of the tents could be removable pieces allowing playability within and create different tower looks.

Creatively, tents could be posts with actual cloth cut and wrapped around creating a custom look.

RAILS; I think rails should be designed as regular fencing allowing dual purpose. A jousting rail would need to be a dual purpose piece that maybe could be integrated into a market with the ability to hang shields, weapons, pigs, rugs(cloth), etc.

STAIRS & PLATFORMS; A wood look would be nice, but in a pinch I think I'd just use the castle set.

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:11 am

What a great idea! I'd love to have tournament terrain/gear for my castle!
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:51 pm

I too love tents and huts. Stuff like that actually comes up far more often in my RPG campaign battles than full-blown castles.

A lot of Accessories (tents, boats, furniture, trees, bridges, etc.) are available from other miniature companies. While I prefer DF pieces to others, I'd rather get those things from other companies and have DF focus on tiles and other big things, since those are stuff where I cannot get what I want elsewhere.

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:09 pm

I too got in on his Kickstarter. Picked up 10 tents and 3 wagons. Excellent deal and truly first rate stuff. They look incredible! Highly recommended.

unclebilly
Orc
Orc

Post by unclebilly » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:09 pm

jackattack wrote:I hope I'm striking a balance between practical gaming and display uses.

Tents and campsites are a sorely underutilized setting in my gaming experience, but they offer some really interesting challenges. For one thing, it's a chance to ambush the party when they aren't all geared out and armored up -- which means the threat has to be toned down somewhat, allowing the DM to teach the players not to be so dismissive of critters they "outgrew" a couple of levels ago. The cloth walls can be used to throw a whole new dynamic into stealth and evasion -- it's harder to sneak past a tent than a building, but it's easier to cut through one (pun!). And there is no reason that a city or town couldn't have a (temporary?) "tent district" where visitors can set up camp for a night or three.

I got in on this KS now they are for sale on his web page. They make a great camp site along with the wagons he has. I highly recommend them they do look great. http://tabletopprops.com/products/