Summer Pre-Sale Wishlist!

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Re: Summer Pre-Sale Wishlist!

Post by Nikdo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:52 pm

I couldn't swing the Erinthor Mountains mega-set and the Kobolds during the PM. There is other stuff I want too but those are the big ones for me. I'll probably add those in August and then wait until I have a chance to play with my castle stuff before ordering more. I've placed two post-KS orders for City Builder stuff so far and it's working well for me. People complain about the scope of this KS but I for one appreciate getting everything funded so I can pick it up when I need it from the store.
Nikdo, Master Ratcatcher of Valoria

StevenO
Goblin
Goblin

Post by StevenO » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:55 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
StevenO wrote:I kind of wish there was a smaller roof platform package. If it were half the size for half the price I probably would have gotten one but part of me says the 8x8 platforms are just too big when you look at the 8x8 floors. I really have liked a couple more 4x4 platforms and could have found use for a 4x8 or maybe even two but those 8x8 just make me want to use floors instead.

When it comes to stuff I know I didn't get enough of that would probably be crenellations.
Do you have any caverns or dungeon tiles? The 8x8 roof platforms can help you do a double layered dungeon setup with holes to the level below. I'm also planning to use them under CBS streets for sewer access. I'll bet that once you see more in use pictures you'll change your mind about them.

But they are expensive for the amount of material we're getting. So it's very understandable that you'd cut them in favor of other things.
I have a few but was in those KS a LOT lighter than I was into this one.

I know big roof platforms could be used to do a double layer in dungeons but I don't have THAT many pieces that I'd worry about it. What I would be wanting them for is to give that slight boost to the few CBS piece I have to bring them level with the tops of the Castle walls with the platforms on them. Using them to hold up a Tile roof is gravy but I kind of question how well the center of an 8x8 is going to hold up unless supported underneath it at which point I say "why not just use smaller sections to begin with.

I know with tower platforms I kind of wish I could get at least one, and preferably two, of the full circles traded for a pair of half platforms. Two halves make a whole for when that is needed but I'm really hoping I'll be able to turn at least one of those whole circles into a pair of half circles. Plan to replace one corner of a CC with a Watchtower and use the 4" piece to help make a gatehouse.

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:14 am

For me any further funds will be spent on KS3 battlements/Crenellations for my double thick city wall builds - should they ever be available in Europe - nudge!
I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:04 am

Roof platyforms are one thing I skipped also, though I think they could be quite useful.

I jsut wonder how often I would need that kind of accessto a floor below and could only build it withthe roof platforms. It seems to me I could do it pretty easily sans roof platformas. Afterall, if you put tiles surrounding hte edge of the 8x8 platform, you are only looking at a 4x4 opening to the area below, kinda small.

I think Id be mroe likely to jsut take the top off, but the roof platforms might work for that well especially for KSI and KSII pieces. So far I am finding double posts do that well for CBS.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:54 am

StevenO wrote:I kind of wish there was a smaller roof platform package. If it were half the size for half the price I probably would have gotten one but part of me says the 8x8 platforms are just too big when you look at the 8x8 floors. I really have liked a couple more 4x4 platforms and could have found use for a 4x8 or maybe even two but those 8x8 just make me want to use floors instead.

When it comes to stuff I know I didn't get enough of that would probably be crenellations.
Do you have any caverns or dungeon tiles? The 8x8 roof platforms can help you do a double layered dungeon setup with holes to the level below. I'm also planning to use them under CBS streets for sewer access. I'll bet that once you see more in use pictures you'll change your mind about them.

But they are expensive for the amount of material we're getting. So it's very understandable that you'd cut them in favor of other things.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:47 am

period3 wrote:I'd love to pick up more, but it'll be after I take delivery of the things I already ordered. I need to play with the stuff I got and figure out what, if anything, I need. I also need to determine whether or not I can paint :)
Anyone can paint if they have the time and patience to do it. The Castle stuff should be fairly easy too.

This might be unnecessary advice, but when dry brushing, do one section and keep it next to you the whole time you're dry brushing all the rest as a reference. Always do a light stroke many times instead of a heavy one fewer times. And beat out painting boredom mistakes by listening to an audio book while you work. Watching something might distract you into a mistake and doing nothing but painting can make you impatient and cause mistakes.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

StevenO
Goblin
Goblin

Post by StevenO » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 pm

I kind of wish there was a smaller roof platform package. If it were half the size for half the price I probably would have gotten one but part of me says the 8x8 platforms are just too big when you look at the 8x8 floors. I really have liked a couple more 4x4 platforms and could have found use for a 4x8 or maybe even two but those 8x8 just make me want to use floors instead.

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:36 pm

There’s definitely a lot more other KS4 stuff I want. My problem is that there’s also lots of City, Dungeon and Caverns stuff I want.
I would love to add some more Mountains, LED and Tower stuff (Balcony / Bridge Base, Batter Bases, more levels) during the pre-sale.
On the other hand, I’d also love to add some roofs, sidewalks, townsfolk, tavern accessories and LED pieces from KS3.
On yet another hand (third hand?), I use my Dungeon pieces more than anything else, and I’ve always wanted to get some sets to paint up as an Egyptian sandstone dungeon.

I’ll need to decompress from this KS and think objectively about where best to spend my money. I’ll likely get some combination of KS4 stuff and older stuff.

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:02 am

period3 wrote:I'd love to pick up more, but it'll be after I take delivery of the things I already ordered. I need to play with the stuff I got and figure out what, if anything, I need. I also need to determine whether or not I can paint :)
Ah, listen to this man who is probably wiser than most of us. ;)

If you have at least one functional hand, you can paint Dwarven Forge stonework. You may not be fast, it may not be perfectly pretty for close ups, you may slowly go insane painting the contrast bricks, but you can do it.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:47 pm

I'd love to pick up more, but it'll be after I take delivery of the things I already ordered. I need to play with the stuff I got and figure out what, if anything, I need. I also need to determine whether or not I can paint :)