Anyone considered RS + CC?

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Anyone considered RS + CC?

Post by Kryzsko » Tue May 31, 2016 6:47 pm

Stormfury, I agree. I have considered this and about every other combination I think possible. I sure don't think you could go wrong with this comb.. You do get a lot of nice pieces. I decided to go with the GC + SS and a bunch of add-ons, but I did consider this build.

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Tue May 31, 2016 11:37 am

geekjeff wrote:I had given it some serious consideration. Gets me pretty close to everything I want to build anything I could imagine castle-wise, but I'd have to drop Mountains and other stuff.
I considered this as well, but ruled it out pretty early. While it does give you the best taste of things, It is limited in what all you can do (only 2 rounded crenelation pieces as an example), plus there is just so many other cool things that I wanted which wouldn't fit in, so I opted for piece meal. This wouldn't give you many/any of the battlements, parapets, etc.

It also has a limited amount of the 'meat' pieces if you will. The long walls and 8x8s to me feel like they will be staples in most of my builds as they give you size in a single piece. I can't imaging having any castles smaller than 12" on all sides and in the odd case that I do, I'll have 4-5 single wall pieces.

You really have to look at what you will want to build, not just a castle and determine if it has all the pieces you need/want.

There really is no clear 'best' purchase option. Unlike the previous KS where you simply were going for 1, 3, 5, 10 of the same thing. These packages are apples to oranges.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Tue May 31, 2016 9:20 am

For international backers it's a fantastic deal on shipping, hands down.

For domestic backers, it gets you in the ballpark of a Double Grand Citadel pledge finished out with inside walls, double thick walls, etc pieces-wise but you're trading (almost) all your stretch goal pieces for a bunch of 4" tower pieces and a bunch of Ramparts Crenellations instead.

I had given it some serious consideration. Gets me pretty close to everything I want to build anything I could imagine castle-wise, but I'd have to drop Mountains and other stuff.

bmcdaniel
Kobold
Kobold

Post by bmcdaniel » Tue May 31, 2016 2:15 am

Yes, I'm doing it (plus omse other stuff too). I'm an international back and the difference for shipping between pre-made sets and a la carte is just to great to ignore.

BullMag
Goblin
Goblin

Post by BullMag » Mon May 30, 2016 8:18 pm

bernyleung wrote:Yes, I considered it. Then I slapped myself silly and left the Pledge Manager alone.
lol. I'm gonna go blind staring at pledge manager for this past month

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Mon May 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Depends what you want to do. The only thing it has that the RS doesn't already have is small tower crenellations. The sorcerer's sanctum is cheaper, and comes with a bunch of parts the RS doesn't have: batter base, large tower roof, various decorative bits, and the large and small tower balconey.

BullMag wrote:Per the title - has anyone pledged, or strongly considered pledging Count's Castle + Royal Stronghold?

I know it has no stretch goals, but it seems like it would be the absolute best value you could get.

RS + CC + Mountains = best taste of everything in KS4 - no?

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Mon May 30, 2016 7:48 pm

Yes, I considered it. Then I slapped myself silly and left the Pledge Manager alone.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Mon May 30, 2016 7:28 pm

If you are international, it would probably be a great deal shipping wise.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

BullMag
Goblin
Goblin

Anyone considered RS + CC?

Post by BullMag » Mon May 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Per the title - has anyone pledged, or strongly considered pledging Count's Castle + Royal Stronghold?

I know it has no stretch goals, but it seems like it would be the absolute best value you could get.

RS + CC + Mountains = best taste of everything in KS4 - no?