Dwarvenite Mines

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Dwarvenite Mines

Post by jackattack » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:51 am

Sarissa Precision Ltd. makes full (scale) size railroad tracks in laser-cut wood kits.

The design only includes the rails and ties, no beds, which to me is an advantage. They also sell a few cars to go with the rails.

The sections are a little over 2" wide by 10" long, with wide curves, so they might not be suitable for tight spaces, but if you just want to put a straight or curved track across an open space they would probably do fine. Being laser-cut wood, they might also be mod-able, but I don't know if it would be worth the time and effort.

Something I spotted and thought I'd share.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:45 pm

marcoreds wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:46 am
GODofwar wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 pm
Marcoreds, great post, thank you.

PLease note a key item for mines: In several of the pix, there are naturally-shaped pillars in the middle of the room. Every mine using drift and shaft or open chamber has to leave some of the ore in these columns to support the ceiling. They are usually irregularly placed...making a great encounter area that is also great looking.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, espeically any one with Lady Sabelle's irresistable sculpts
Hey Weasel, I'm not sure I got it right (if it was a suggestion on how to build it, or a comment to the pieces).

But note that all the pillars/walls inside rooms are freestanding.
The tiles are all like the basic 3 of DF, or the corridors. Then there are pillars/freestanding walls that you can place wherever you want...

Or you're saying that the pillars should not be so natural looking, but more "excavated"?

I will add a few pictures of other elements available (that I did not include in the build).
Actually, I was saying the free-standing naturally-sculpted pillars in your post look like a real mine. And DwF, should they do a mines addition, should hae 3-5 like them, all clearly different.

Nice build, BTW.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, espeically any one with Lady Sabelle's irresistable sculpts
WeaselWarGod

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:19 pm

What the... when did this happened? I check the MiniWorlds page every day waiting for a restock... I checked about 12 hours ago and still nothing, it had the new sets in 95%...

Wait... I'm seeing that the url I have in my markers still hasn't change...

If you go to this url it doesn't show the new sets and the restock:
https://www.miniworlds-store.com/en/mini-dungeon.html

But if you go here, it does...?!?
https://www.miniworlds-store.com/

So when did it happen? I've been checking every day and still missed it!!

Stupid me...

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:03 pm

I think TLW was pointing out that a common practice in tunnel mining is to leave walls and pillars -- cut from natural stone -- to keep large chambers from collapsing.

This differs from shoring up passages and walls with wooden or iron beams.

It also sometimes required miners to leave some of the desired minerals or metals exposed in plain view, but off limits for engineering/safety reasons.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:39 am

Dwarf wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:59 am
I think this one hasn't been mentioned here before, so I might as well add it here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... escription

Not sure the link will work though...
The link works fine. I have a few sets of that KS due soon.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:46 am

GODofwar wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 pm

PLease note a key item for mines: In several of the pix, there are naturally-shaped pillars in the middle of the room. Every mine using drift and shaft or open chamber has to leave some of the ore in these columns to support the ceiling. They are usually irregularly placed...making a great encounter area that is also great looking.

The Least Weasel
Hey Weasel, I'm not sure I got it right (if it was a suggestion on how to build it, or a comment to the pieces).

But note that all the pillars/walls inside rooms are freestanding.
The tiles are all like the basic 3 of DF, or the corridors. Then there are pillars/freestanding walls that you can place wherever you want...

Or you're saying that the pillars should not be so natural looking, but more "excavated"?

I will add a few pictures of other elements available (that I did not include in the build).

Dwarf
Orc
Orc

Post by Dwarf » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:59 am

I think this one hasn't been mentioned here before, so I might as well add it here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... escription

Not sure the link will work though...

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 pm

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 pm

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Miniworlds mines
I like the mine entrance :!:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!