Crystal Caverns Revisited

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Crystal Caverns Revisited

Post by jackattack » Mon May 30, 2016 11:13 pm

The tricky part is making sure the sculpts on the straight and corner walls (fixed and/or freestanding) line up correctly. That alone may determine what rock/crystal formation is used.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Mon May 30, 2016 10:40 pm

With all the talk about what they should be in kick starter five, about mines and harbors and such, this one would be pretty cool. I also think it would be relatively easy to do as well. I think customized pieces would be relatively simple to make, and very eye-catching.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Mon May 23, 2016 6:00 pm

I would like to see them revisit the existing cavern pieces in clear and do more of the types in the clear. They could then add some new crystal pieces in clear. Then you can paint some parts and leave others clear for very nice effects, especially with a light box or led insertions.

I am also open to the basalt columns, but the clear casting creates some very interesting possibilities.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon May 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Basalt is a rock. Crystals are minerals.We should focus on one or the other :lol:

I like the basalt column idea a lot.

This is also a cool idea.

Or this gold vein in Quartz.

If you cast the crystals in clear we could have all kinds of options with translucent paint and or LEDs..
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Crystal Caverns Revisited

Post by jackattack » Mon May 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Two previous crystal/basalt cavern discussions:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5528&hilit=crystal+basalt
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5996&hilit=basalt
Oldent wrote:The only problem I see with this is deciding between quartz , fluorite, pyrite or the gypsum forms.
Personally, I would favor something of a cross between hexagonal basalt columns and the closest crystal form, with the option to buy opaque dwarvenite (painted and/or unpainted) and clear PVC. But for free-standing accessory pieces (walls, columns, etc.) why stop at one?
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch