Filler Insert for KS3 Wood Floor Stairwell

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Filler Insert for KS3 Wood Floor Stairwell

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:27 pm

Oldent wrote:
kodiakbear wrote:
Oldent wrote:kodiakbear suggested 9. What is the reasoning behind this number? :? Do you think you can find 100 customers who want that many? I am sure a PVC steel mold would be cost prohibitive. I am sure resin production would likely be non profitable.

I am talking about 9 piece packs of the 4"x4" CBS tiles that already exist.
OK I missed that. :oops: Why nine?
Makes a 3 tile x 3 tile build, buy a 9 pack of wood and a 9 pack of stone and a set of double post plus what every sets of walls/post you want and you have pieces to build tavern sizes buildings.

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:59 pm

jchunick wrote: ...besides, a rug is still a rug in every other use and my plan is to make the insert pieces a bit more modular; For example, the wood floor insert could be used to build a raised stage area in a tavern. Let's see your rug do that! :P :lol:
Other uses for rectangular wooden and/or stone pieces/slabs:

1) a boardwalk (in front of shops)
2) simple docks
3) a platform in/near the market or square for speakers/auctions/executions
4) plinth or slab/base to place other objects on
5) ramp
6) path in a garden

That's all that comes to mind at the moment...

Thunder
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Thunder » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Like I said in my earlier post, I made some inserts on the cheap, photocopy a floor - cut and glue to a double stack of Foam Core cut to size. Simple. It works great, but doesn't look awesome.

This is going off topic quick: I sort of agree with the call for the basic floor's in some kind of pack. A pack of Advanced Floors would go even further in my books; 4x8, 4x12 sizes. There are those of us who want to build larger floor plans and would like the stability of a solid piece. I have a ton of walls left over all the time, I would like more floors to use up all the walls I have.

Peace

PS. I was serious, I will buy some of the stuff yer making...just send me a private message.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:13 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Oldent wrote:kodiakbear suggested 9. What is the reasoning behind this number? :? Do you think you can find 100 customers who want that many? I am sure a PVC steel mold would be cost prohibitive. I am sure resin production would likely be non profitable.

OK I missed that. :oops: Why nine?
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:06 pm

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:39 am

dice4hire wrote:My preference would be to get them in Dwarvenite of course, but I doubt it would make any kind of financial sense for DF.

I'll hit the home improvement store one of these days.
I agree. I am not sure it makes financial sense for anyone. That doesn't stop me from making all kinds of one off conversions.

kodiakbear suggested 9. What is the reasoning behind this number? :? Do you think you can find 100 customers who want that many? I am sure a PVC steel mold would be cost prohibitive. I am sure resin production would likely be non profitable.

I like the conversions so far. May I suggest a wooden hatch with a lock. You could make it open and close with wire pins.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:24 am

My preference would be to get them in Dwarvenite of course, but I doubt it would make any kind of financial sense for DF.

I'll hit the home improvement sotre one of these days.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

jonmilton
Orc
Orc

Post by jonmilton » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:47 am

kodiakbear wrote:I like all these options.

But my favorite options are

a 9 pack of solid wood floor tile set
&
a 9 pack of solid stone floor tile set

in the DF store
That would also do the trick.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:32 pm

I like all these options.

But my favorite options are

a 9 pack of solid wood floor tile set
&
a 9 pack of solid stone floor tile set

in the DF store

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:28 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
jchunick wrote:
GODofwar wrote:...
I see this as a solution in search of a problem. Or maybe I miss the obvious. Help me out here.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est - especially this one.
Once you start building structures larger than 4x4... say, 4x8, L-shaped, 8x8 or larger... then you likely only need one 4x4 stairwell floor per level; maybe two at most. The ratio of stairways to floor pieces is predicated on the base footprint being 4x4. I completely agree with DF doing it this way, but it does mean that when building larger footprints the ratios of regular floor pieces with those having holes does cause problems.
This is especially true of those of us with smaller investments... a "village" doesn't go far. While a rug is a viable solution i really like the idea of a wood/stone plug as appropriate.
TLW- Hey, everyone has preferences. And Josh now has a client base for the mods!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est - especially this one
WeaselWarGod